drive roller for hobart 190

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drive roller for hobart 190

i just bought a new hobart 190. been using .030 wire and want to use some .023 for some auto sheet metal. what do i have to change to use the smaller wire?

Drive Roller .023/.025 (.6) and .030/.035 (.8 and .9) Hobart Part Number 237 338
    Contact Tip 023/.025 in (0.6 mm) Hobart PN 770 174 (5 per package) or Miller PN 087 299 (10 per package)
    Last edited by Roger; 01-12-2012, 11:57 AM.

Comment

You might wonder why I didn't list replacement liner for .023 wire. I don't think it is really needed to get reliable wire feed with 10 foot electrode lead. It does require more force to push wire through over sized liner but most welders get reliable feed without going to .023 liner. New liner is about $15. Liners are not hard to change. Liners should be removed and gun casing blown out as regular maintenance. This is needed more often with flux core wire. Again not done by most welders until they have feed problems.

Comment

where to buy roller

thanks! i have looked for a drive roller at tsc where i bought the welder. no one seams to have any. where to buy?

Comment

This is one on line source.
          http://store.cyberweld.com/driverollkits.html

Comment

Any welding dealer selling Miller welders should have drive rollers for your welder in stock. Sears sells miller welders and should also sell drive rollers.

Comment

b'dog...if your 190 is like my 180, it has a two groove drive roller...one groove for .030/.035, one for .023/.025, On mine, you just loosen the drive tension and lift the tension adjuster, flip the adjuster up, then push roller in and rotate it 1/4 turn, and it will pop off.. Then flip it over so the correct wire size reads on the side viewed when it is all buttoned up (which is actually the side opposite the correct groove).
              Last edited by Hotfoot; 01-12-2012, 09:04 PM.
              "Good Enough Never Is"

Comment

you have the roller!

The roller that comes with it has .024 and .030 on one side and .035 on the other. At least that is what my machine came with. The two small sizes use the same groove. If you use only .035" flux-core then use the knurled roll (It has teeth). The machine can use a miller driveroll, which many welder stores may have in stock.
                fence and gate shop worker
                At home...
                Lincoln Power MIG 180....
                Winco 6000 watt generator (13 hp Honda) "Big Jake"

Comment

Originally posted by Hotfoot View Post
                  b'dog...if your 190 is like my 180, it has atwo groove roller...one groove for .030, one for .023/.024, On mine, you just loosen the drive tension and lift the tension adjuster, flip the adjuster up, then push roller in and rotate it 1/4 turn, and it will pop off.. Then flip it over so the correct wire size reads on the side viewed when it is all buttoned up (which is actually the side opposite the correct groove).
                  Hotfoot,

Recently Hobart changed the factory supplied drive roll for the Handler 140, 190, and 210 MVP. The new drive roll has an .030/.035 smooth V groove and an .030 /.035 knurled V-groove.
                  MigMaster 250- Smooth arc with a good touch of softness to it. Good weld puddle wetout. Light spatter producer.
                  Ironman 230 - Soft arc with a touch of agressiveness to it. Very good weld puddle wet out. Light spatter producer.

PM 180C

HH 125 EZ - impressive little fluxcore only unit

Comment

Working...
                  X