Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ironman210 spool gun issue

Hello
    I have an Ironman210 and just received a spool gun as a gift it is a tweco weldskill spool gun and on the box it
    said that i would need an adapter part# WSPMILL4PJC which i got from local welding supply connected it to the welder and here is the problem the drive wheel on the gun turns in reverse what would be the best way to correct this
    Thanks

Turn the spool over and call it good... Easiest, cheapest and smartest way I know.
    Bob
    Enough tools to do anything, common sense to use em properly.
    Big nasty scar, no kidneys, so you think you got issues?

Comment

turn the spool over ???? I think you misunderstood the motor in the gun is turning the wrong way it is pushing the wire back to the spool not pulling it through the gun

Comment

Sorry,
        I did misunderstand the original post. So reversing the wires in the gun should solve the issue. Did you already reverse polarity of the gun? Spool guns use backward polarity from regular mig too so check that first, then you can switch the wires around in the cannon connector where it connects to the front of the machine. Never heard of this happening before so I was looking for an easy solution first, then trouble shoot progressively more in depth issues as needed. Hope this helps.
        Bob
        Enough tools to do anything, common sense to use em properly.
        Big nasty scar, no kidneys, so you think you got issues?

Comment

Ironman 210 spoolgun issue

That doesn't seem right that the spool gun doesn't work the way it was supposed to out of the box. Appears that there might be a problem with the board the way the diodes were installed(backwards). If you can't reverse the wires to the motor(switch across or swap) then I would return it to the place of purchase for exchange. Most spool guns work from transformer voltage I belive 28v then to a control board then to the Potentiometer in the handle for most. Could be tight fitting wires as most handles smash them against the inner casing. Hope you get this problem resolved this is one I've never heard of.

Comment

Either switch the wires around on the motor inside the gun, inside the welder (on the plug where you plug in the spool gun control wires) or inside the adapter. I'd go for modifying the adapter, since that way both the welder and spool gun remain unmodified.

You simply have reverse polarity on the motor.

Comment

Working...
            X