how to make 1 phase work on 3 phase welder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to make 1 phase work on 3 phase welder

if you are trying to use 3 phase welder on 1 phase i can help you with it i have one and its working perfect note ther is lot of facters in geting it to work i have basiclly tried thim all i dont it all by geting things from scrap yards and ebay hope i mit can help i would put every thing on here but it would take to long to list every thing u need iam thinking of making a video of it im only doing this becouse i now how hard it is to get infermation

Are you the guy who is rewiring them ZIG-ZAG and putting Capacitors in to make it think its a 3-phase input? I assume this is after you research the manufacturers wiring diagram to see if it is a simple link change to switch between 3 phase or 1 phase? I scored an awesome ESAB one time because the other guy didn't know you could rewire the unit internally!

Comment

not the other guy

im using 3 phase eleltric motor with power factor compasitor and start compasitors the way its set up is very expensive to bill if u had to by every thing new it would be cheeper to staw with single phase i have seen every thing u can think of so farr i have over 10 years doing it i just got luky to find every thing im going to put it on youtub to try to help anyone and they will now what to luck for onder a load it stays within 59.9 hz u cant get much beter than that by using the power factor compasters my power bill has dropted 25 % percent i them on the service line coming in on my bilding i want tell now one what rateing they are the libillty of going bad wrong if you dont now what you are doing so its somthing you can think about do some resarch its up to you that was good that you got the welder esab is one of the best my hobart meg mig cant be changed i tryed and it welded but not as good as way i have it now if u ever have any questions let me now iam always looking for industerel machinery or electricele stuff

Comment

Originally posted by drujinin View Post
        Are you the guy who is rewiring them ZIG-ZAG and putting Capacitors in to make it think its a 3-phase input? I assume this is after you research the manufacturers wiring diagram to see if it is a simple link change to switch between 3 phase or 1 phase? I scored an awesome ESAB one time because the other guy didn't know you could rewire the unit internally!
        Have you seen this guys posts before?
        http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb...-phase-206509/

Comment

Working...
        X