HH175 Wire Feed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HH175 Wire Feed

I bought a used HH175 that you cannot adjust the wire feed on. It seems to feed wide open no matter where it is set. I bought a new pot, but that didn't do the trick. I've briefly read about the board having many issues. It seems most peoples' problem is that the welder just stops feeding or doesn't feed at all, which is not what mine's doing. It feeds, but just at one speed. I didn't know if someone could tell me if this is the PTC1 or Q1 problem before I went and replaced both? Thanks

A defective PTC1 would result in no wire feed.

Lack of speed control would be a symptom of a defective Q1.
    MigMaster 250- Smooth arc with a good touch of softness to it. Good weld puddle wetout. Light spatter producer.
    Ironman 230 - Soft arc with a touch of agressiveness to it. Very good weld puddle wet out. Light spatter producer.

PM 180C

HH 125 EZ - impressive little fluxcore only unit

Comment

Okay thanks. Where would be the best place to get one of these and how hard is it to install? Anybody got any pictures? Thanks

Comment

I got Q1 unsoldered off the board, but there is no part number, spec, etc. anywhere on it. Can someone please help me with what I need to replace this? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Comment

Here you go: http://www.hobartwelders.com/weldtal...?40968-hh-175&
          --- RJL ----------------------------------------------

Ordinarily I'm insane, but I have lucid moments when I'm merely stupid.
          -------------------------

Comment

Awesome thanks! Also, is there anything I can do so that this problem will not happen again? For those of you that have done this, does this fix it for a good while or does it occur more often? Do I need to order a few of these things? Thanks

Comment

At about a buck each, get a spare or two.

Comment

Hobart Expert Darrell has posted 2 replacement transistors for some MIG welders. One that will easily fit the circuit board and another with a little higher watt rating that requires a little modification to fit. You can search for this info, maybe he will post it again or call Hobart for more information.

Comment

Here's that older thread about the two flavors of transistors:

http://www.hobartwelders.com/weldtal...ed-problem...&

Comment

Working...
                  X