Unknown welder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unknown welder

Well i know from reading the side of this welder that it is a hobart handler and from alittle research on the serial number i know that it is a unit from 1989. The serial number is 89ws05877. A little background first. I got this welder from a friend to borrow to do some projects around the house. Well long story short i went to go use it and the wire would not feed. I was told sometimes you had to fiddle with it to get it to feed. So i fiddled, and fiddled, and tried some more funky stuff. finally figured out the wire was stuck to the liner. So i tried to pull it out and broke both ends off of it. At the gun tip and the machine side. So i did some more research and thought the liner would pull out. well it does not on this gun for some reason. So now i need some help figuring out how to fix this. I would like to be able to use this machine and finish my projects.

So i guess what im asking is does anyone know how to get the liner out and if it does not come out does anyone know where i can buy a new gun that will fit this machine. Thank you in advance.

Take the gun to a local weld supply shop. They'll show you right on the counter how to pull the liner...and sell you a replacement (about $15.00 or so)...small "ma and pa" shops want your business, so try one of them if there are any around. Take a picture of the welder, and take it with you....it'll tell them what you have.
    "Good Enough Never Is"

Comment

Take the gun to a local weld supply shop. They'll show you right on the counter how to pull the liner...and sell you a replacement (about $15.00 or so)...small "ma and pa" shops want your business, so try one of them if there are any around. Take a picture of the welder, and take it with you....it'll tell them what you have.
      "Good Enough Never Is"

Comment

ha HA!

I just went downstairs and took the gun and cut all of the electrical tape off of it (need to put more on that the thin amount that was there anyway) and figured out how to get the liner out. **** that thing was kinked up. I now see why he had problems with the wire feeding out jerky. Hopefully tomorow i can get a new liner for it and get to my projects. Thank you for your help. Maybe il post some pics of my crappy welds with it.

Comment

I took it to a local welding shop and they do not carry it instock And he gave me a number to call to get a part number for it so he can order it for me.

Comment

Working...
          X