handler 140

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• handler 140

i have a hobart handler 140 and it recently quit feeding wire, i think its the wire feed motor does anyone know where i can buy a replacement? i did some looking but cant find anything

(1) Is it under warranty? (2) Did you do any troubleshooting, like is the gas solenoid clicking but the motor is not running (maybe the gun trigger is bad) or are you just "Easter egging" a fix? (3) Did you contact Hobart service? This website, and the responsiveness of the Hobart people were a big influence in my choosing Hobart products over the competition.
    Blacksmith
    Stickmate LX AC/DC
    Big cheap (Chinese) Anvil
    Hand cranked coal forge
    Freon bottle propane forge
    HH 210 and bottle of C25

Comment

As Blacksmith stated, there may something other than the motor itself. Even if your unit is not under warranty and you still have issues you can call our Tech. Service number, 1-800-332-3281, and Keith, Bill, or Dave can help you figure out whats going on before you purchase a part that you may or may not need. They are available 7:00 - 5:00 EST.
      Brian

Comment

the gas solenoid is clicking and i jumped the trigger over to make sure that was not the problem, the wire feed motor is not even trying to turn

Comment

You can try to power drive motor directly with 12V battery. If it runs it is good.

Speed control electronics can fail and be replaced by new ones. Hobart Experts will tell you how to do this.

Comment

Make sure that the voltage control knob is not between ranges as this will cause the motor to not get any power.

Keith

Comment

Originally posted by Hobart Expert Keith View Post
              Make sure that the voltage control knob is not between ranges as this will cause the motor to not get any power.

Keith
              Oh, yeah. How many times has that happened? Good advice.
              --- RJL ----------------------------------------------

Ordinarily I'm insane, but I have lucid moments when I'm merely stupid.
              -------------------------

Comment

Right on Keith!!!! why didnt I see that. Thanks a million.
                Now that i have it all tore apart i can put it back together

Comment

Glad to hear you solved your problem without spending any money. Look at the bright side; now you know what's inside. I haven't made this mistake yet, but I darn sure know what MIG looks like with no gas after forgetting to turn on the gas TWICE.
                  Blacksmith
                  Stickmate LX AC/DC
                  Big cheap (Chinese) Anvil
                  Hand cranked coal forge
                  Freon bottle propane forge
                  HH 210 and bottle of C25

Comment

Working...
                  X