New mig gun trigger sticks on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New mig gun trigger sticks on

Anyone else have this problem? It's about a month old.

I'm not familiar with the "New" brand gun.
    --- RJL ----------------------------------------------

Ordinarily I'm insane, but I have lucid moments when I'm merely stupid.
    -------------------------

Comment

It's on a Hobart Ironman 230, sorry..

Comment

Call Hobart customer sevice on Monday and tell them what ails you.
        --- RJL ----------------------------------------------

Ordinarily I'm insane, but I have lucid moments when I'm merely stupid.
        -------------------------

Comment

Is the gun trigger switch staying in the depresses position when you release your finger from it?
          MigMaster 250- Smooth arc with a good touch of softness to it. Good weld puddle wetout. Light spatter producer.
          Ironman 230 - Soft arc with a touch of agressiveness to it. Very good weld puddle wet out. Light spatter producer.

PM 180C

HH 125 EZ - impressive little fluxcore only unit

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
            Is the gun trigger switch staying in the depresses position when you release your finger from it?
            Yeah, it's chronic. I think the spring is n-g. Seems like it was stronger when I first used it.

Comment

I ran into a new out of the box M-10 gun that did the same thing.I took the gun apart and found a very small piece of plastic flash was the cause.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake98 View Post
                Yeah, it's chronic. I think the spring is n-g. Seems like it was stronger when I first used it.
                If you've only had the unit for around 30 days, the gun is still under warranty. So, as state previously in this thread, I'd give Hobart a call on Monday. More than likely Hobart will send you a replacement switch.

Over the past few years I've used 3 of the H200L4-15 guns supplied with the Ironman 230 and never had any issues with the switch sticking in the closed position.
                MigMaster 250- Smooth arc with a good touch of softness to it. Good weld puddle wetout. Light spatter producer.
                Ironman 230 - Soft arc with a touch of agressiveness to it. Very good weld puddle wet out. Light spatter producer.

PM 180C

HH 125 EZ - impressive little fluxcore only unit

Comment

Originally posted by vwguy3 View Post
                  I ran into a new out of the box M-10 gun that did the same thing.I took the gun apart and found a very small piece of plastic flash was the cause.
                  I thought the same thing, took it apart, filed the plastic a little but it didn't help. Seems like the spring must have slipped to the wrong position or something.. I'll call Monday. Thanks for the replies.

Comment

Working...
                  X