seems the same with all thickness metal and all settings

need help

David

where in va.
    lincoln pt225
    hack saw & a hammer
    oh & a shovel

Comment

If it is new in warranty welder call the Hobart warranty number that is on stick attached to welder and in welder's manual. Helps if you have volt ohm meter and know how to use it. If it is out of warranty call them anyway.

I would first unplug welder then open it and check for loose lose connections. This will not void your warranty.

Comment

Be sure to keep the trigger depressed at all times when trying to weld. Make sure you maintain a tip to work distance of about 1/2" and that the ground clamp is on clean material as well as the weld joint.

Keith

Comment

Originally posted by schultzybear View Post
          I bought a new 125EZ but havent been able to weld anything

no sustained arc at all, just a flash and pop and broken wire
          seems the same with all thickness metal and all settings

need help

David
          Your problem description is a little sparse, but I'll take a leap and assume that the wire that's breaking is the consumable flux-cored wire. It sounds as though you may have way too much wire stick-out from the tip. Get your tip in close to the weldment. Start with it extremely close (1/8") and then adjust it.

If you have too much wire stick-out (I've seen some try to weld with 1" or more), you basically create a fuse. The wire contacts the weldment, the "fuse" clears (hence the pop), and your electrode is too far from the weldment to sustain an arc.

Keep in mind that in the short-circuit arc, the weld consists of a rapid succession of the filler metal wire shorting to the weldment, the short clearing, and the wire feeding back into the weldment for the successive short.

Hope this helps.

Darrell

Comment

Working...
          X