Handler 140 Gas Feed Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handler 140 Gas Feed Problem

I've got a 140 that feeds gas as soon as the unit is powered up. It used to work fine, I noticed my gas use going up dramatically. Did a search on this site and did the recommended fixes. No results. I also noticed a thread that mentioned a problem on the control board. Is the gas valve and solenoid located near the feed rollers? I must not be holding my mouth right, couldn't get the cover off without forcing something. Any suggestions? Thanks Mark

If the gas flows only when the unit is plugged in and not powered on then the large power contactor in the 140 is most likely stuck closed. If the gas flows even if the unit is not plugged in then the trouble is the gas valve. Something is not allowing it to close fully. There may be some debris in the valve that can be cleaned out but removing the valve and cleaning it( be careful to not lose the internal spring and plunger).

Keith

Comment

hobart 135 gas stays on when pluged in and not turned on

hi i have a 135 handler and i noticed the gas stays on when the machine is pluged in and not on it also seems to have power to the wire when the triger is not pulled as well the only thing that seams to work with the triger is the wire feed any help would be apreciated.

thanks again
      patrick m.

Comment

The relay on the control board is stuck closed. The circuit board will need to be replaced to repair the unit. Some have attempted to repair the board, so you may want to do some searching here.

Keith

Comment

hobart 135

thanks agian i was hopeing i wouldnt have to but that is what i thought thanks again

patrick m.

Comment

Thank you Keith. I'll give it a look-see. Mark

Comment

Working...
            X