Handler 140 quit feeding wire.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handler 140 quit feeding wire.

Brand new machine, only about 2 months old. Never a problem with it until this. Was welding a nut on to remove a broken bolt. Weld time was about 4 seconds wire stuck, and wire feed stopped. Garage was 40 degrees,weld time low so I don't think I overheated anything.. Fan comes on, wire does not feed. Wire is not stuck, can be freely moved. Hate to take it back if it is just a blown fuse. Don't want to void warranty either. Where to start troubleshooting? Circuit breaker on back seems to be in as it's only sticking out about 1/32". Posting this as other people might need the answers.

Power down unit. Release upper pressure roll tension spring on the drive roll assembly. Disconnect the gun control wire spade connections from their terminals in the wire drive compartment. Power the unit back up. SEt wire speed dial to 20. Jumper the gun control wire terminals in the wire drive compartment with a short length of wire. If the the lower drive roll starts rotating, you have an issue in the control wire circuit of the gun.
    MigMaster 250- Smooth arc with a good touch of softness to it. Good weld puddle wetout. Light spatter producer.
    Ironman 230 - Soft arc with a touch of agressiveness to it. Very good weld puddle wet out. Light spatter producer.

PM 180C

HH 125 EZ - impressive little fluxcore only unit

Comment

Thank you, will try this tomorrow.

Comment

Make certain too, that the voltage selector dial is set directly to one of the 4 (1-4) output range selections. Before you try the information supplied in my previous post, you might give the unit a try with the voltage dial set to a different output range then what you were using when the wire quit feeding. For example, if you were using voltage tap #4, try the unit out with the voltage dial set to tap #3 instead. If wire drive still doesn't feed, try jumpering the gun control wire terminal.
        MigMaster 250- Smooth arc with a good touch of softness to it. Good weld puddle wetout. Light spatter producer.
        Ironman 230 - Soft arc with a touch of agressiveness to it. Very good weld puddle wet out. Light spatter producer.

PM 180C

HH 125 EZ - impressive little fluxcore only unit

Comment

Set voltage tap from 3 to 4. Unplugged gun. Turned unit on and jumpered across gun terminals inside wire compartment, heard loud click like a circuit breaker resetting. No wire feed. What is next?

Comment

Just had the same issue with my 4 year old unit. Puting a parts list together as I found other issues in my machine. The machine end of the gun is stuck in the gas block/feed assy. and will have to be replaced with the gun. Yours should be in warranty.
            Good luck
            Rick in Arkansas
            www.spider-webdesign.net
            www.ironsidewelding.com

Comment

Returned from whence it was bought, no time to assemble the replacement.

Comment

Working...
              X