HF wire Is it ok

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HF wire Is it ok

I really dont like to much stuff there because it well ____ but some of their stuff is ok.

About myself I cant weld worth beans but thats ok Ill get better some day.

I picked up a HH 140 with a full bottle of stargon 30''x7'' for the right price of 340. Anysways the guy was welding car fenders and its got .030 wire in it. Im looking into stepping up to some .035 http://www.harborfreight.com/welding...oll-42920.html

99.9% of the metals I use will be 14gauge to 3/16 steel anything larger I stickweld I also have a Airco 230amp stinger III

Thank you
    Bob

The HH 140 doesn't output enough power to properly run an .035 solid wire.

With solid wire, the HH 140 is going to start struggling to produce a structurally sound weld on material as thin as 1/8". I don't recommend trying to weld 3/16" with a solid wire. For 3/16" thick steel, switch to an .035 E71T-11 self-shielded fluxcore, and even then if you want to produce the soundest weld possible you need to run multiple pass welds. Actually for most 1/8" applications I'd probably run a self-shielded fluxcore wire too.
    MigMaster 250- Smooth arc with a good touch of softness to it. Good weld puddle wetout. Light spatter producer.
    Ironman 230 - Soft arc with a touch of agressiveness to it. Very good weld puddle wet out. Light spatter producer.

PM 180C

HH 125 EZ - impressive little fluxcore only unit

Comment

WoW thank you big time Dan

I found the manual on this site in the S & S

I guess I got some reading to do.

Thank you

BoB
      Bob

Comment

Working...
      X