SGA-100 and Spoolgun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SGA-100 and Spoolgun

I have a question about the 3035 spoolgun.Will the DP 3035 work with the SGA-100 or is it only for the 3035? I have a HH187 and considering adding a spoolgun. I haven't posted much on this forum but I read the daily posts every day. A lot of good information and occasionally entertainment is available here.
    Thanks,
    Steve (terryp48)

I don't think they are compatible as the DP indicates Direct Plug in.

Heck probably worth it to sell the HH187 and buy a HH210 w/ spool gun for $899.00 at Northern

3035-20 spoolgun - $479.00
    SGA-100 controller - $239.00

$718.00 to run a spool gun on the HH187
    Ed Conley
    Screaming Broccoli, Inc
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
    MM252
    MM211
    Miller Passport Plus, Spoolmate 100
    TA185
    SO 2020 Bender
    Miller 125c Plasma
    "Hold my beer while I try this!"

Comment

SGA-100 and Spoolgun

Thanks for the reply.Yes,the cost is too much but occasionally they are on ebay.Last week a 3035 and sga-100 sold for $500.I am very happy with the 187 but I keep kicking myself for not going with the 210.

Comment

Steve,
        I just sent you an email about this. I'll apologize now that I addressed it to Terry (from your member name)... oops

Thanks,
        Brian
        Brian

Comment

sga 100 and spoolgun

Originally posted by Hobart Expert Brian View Post
          Steve,
          I just sent you an email about this. I'll apologize now that I addressed it to Terry (from your member name)... oops

Thanks,
          Brian
          Brian,I did not receive the email.
          Thanks,
          Steve [email protected]

Comment

I have been looking at 230v models. Is the 187 "spool gun ready" or will I need to buy the 210 model? Does anyone use the Mig gun for AL?

Comment

Originally posted by midas7918 View Post
              I have been looking at 230v models. Is the 187 "spool gun ready" or will I need to buy the 210 model? Does anyone use the Mig gun for AL?
              The HH187 isn't really spoolgun ready. You will need to buy the spoolgun controller ($200+) and then the spoolgun (another $200). The HH210 is spoolgun ready. Northern Tool sells the 210 alone for $829, or with ten foot spoolgun for $899, the controller is built in to the 210.

FWIW, the NT merchandise number for the 210/with spoolgun is not the same as the one without. That may be obvious to most people, but when I bought mine at the store, they didn't have any spoolguns, so I thought I would just get one ordered and complete the package. Didn't work that way. I could have ordered the whole thing, but I needed (wanted) the 210 that day and didn't wait. Now I will have to pay much more for a spoolgun ($200 vs. $70) in the future when I decide to try aluminum
              I really like the 210, although I'm just a noob at MIGin'
              Nctox
              Stickmate LX 235/AC 160/DC
              HH 210

Comment

Originally posted by midas7918 View Post
                I have done it and i have a spool gun. The first few birdsnests you will get frustrated. I did a test with a straight mig gun and with my spoolgun welding two identical parts. Well it worked well until the regular mig gun started birdnesting with the wire and that ended the test. When i was in the big factory i welded everyday with a regular mig gun and a teflon liner but we were feeding 1/16" dia wire and thats a lot stiffer than .030 or .035 but i did have some problems feeding it. I would buy the spoolgun if you can. Just my thought...Bob
                Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
                Metal Master Fab
                Salem, Ohio
                Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
                http://www.ceilingtrains.com/
                http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sawking/
                http://groups.yahoo.com/group/southbend10k/

Comment

Working...
                X