Hobart Handler 135 Used Pricing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hobart Handler 135 Used Pricing?

I'm new to welding. I have been looking for a mig welder. I have searched the forums and found some information that I have been looking for.
    I have an opportunity to buy a practically new handler 135. It has been used maybe once or twice. It has been sitting in the guys garage. He had a dog chew on the wire that attaches to the lead hose. I'm not sure if I can just splice the wire and connect it or if it would require a new wire. What would be a fair price to pay? I know it's the older version of the 140. The 140 currently sales between $480-$600. I would assume the 135 originally would have been in the same price range. What would be a good fair price to pay for this machine?

Thanks

Welcome to the weld talk chatter box.
    The question is what is he asking for it.?
    Which cord did the dog chew up?, you mention a hose. Are talking about the mig gun hose and wire?. Can you post a picture of it?.
    How long did it sit without being used, and did he buy it new or used?..
    Sorry for all the questions, but it may get you a better answer..
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the welcome. He doesn't know what to ask. I've been trying to get him to set a price. He just said pay me what you think its worth.
      It was actually his dads and he died. He doesn't use it and wants to get rid of it. His dad did buy it new and his mom says that he paid about $600 based on recollection. I want to pay a fair price.
      I don't know when it was purchased or how long it has set with no use. I wold assume several years. When I looked at it and inspected the tip there was only one small place on the tip the had splatter.
      Yes it's the mig gun hose and wire. The hose is fine and the wire is partially chewed through.
      I can get pictures but may take a day or two to get them.

Comment

Consider these:
        1. The HH135 is now obsolete, having been replaced by the HH140 about five years ago.
        2. The HH135 is known for having problems with it's electronic components. Search the forum here and see how many threads there are about these problems and what it takes to fix them. Of course, the one you are looking at may be fine and may never have any problems in the future.
        3. You can get a new HH140 for about $480 new, with free shipping and a full warranty.
        4. There are very few threads about problems with the HH140.

Food for thought...
        I live in my own little world. That's OK, they understand me here.

Comment

With the prices that Slim gave, seems like the best deal is new. Unless you can do a little work for it in exchange for it. Other wise you may insult the guy by saying $100.00. I personally like buying new that's how I bought all my welders. People ask too much for used equipment. Keep in mind if you can't fix the gun wires you will have to buy a complete new one.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GilaSlim View Post
            Consider these:
            1. The HH135 is now obsolete, having been replaced by the HH140 about five years ago.
            2. The HH135 is known for having problems with it's electronic components. Search the forum here and see how many threads there are about these problems and what it takes to fix them. Of course, the one you are looking at may be fine and may never have any problems in the future.
            3. You can get a new HH140 for about $480 new, with free shipping and a full warranty.
            4. There are very few threads about problems with the HH140.

Food for thought...
            I have searched the forums and have read a lot about the problems with the 135. It did seem like these were some of the earlier models and that the circut board was fixed on the later models. This is also a concern and would have to take into consideration on the pricing. I didn't realize the 140 had been out for that long. Thanks for the help.

With the prices that Slim gave, seems like the best deal is new. Unless you can do a little work for it in exchange for it. Other wise you may insult the guy by saying $100.00. I personally like buying new that's how I bought all my welders. People ask too much for used equipment. Keep in mind if you can't fix the gun wires you will have to buy a complete new one.
            Agreed, It might just be the best to go the new route. I don't want to low ball the guy and I don't have time to be fixing something all the time either.
            Last edited by TTREB4; 08-09-2010, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Its worth about $200.00 in good working condition...because neither of you know the extent of damage to the gun lead, I'd price anew gun /lead assembly and subtract that...PLUS you don't know if its working properly if you put anew gun on it!

See what happens if you plug it in, turn it on (does the fan come on?), and pull the trigger with the lead straight out (not coiled)? does it click when you pull the trigger? feed? nothing? Does it do anything? If it all seem to come alive, does it feed wire when you pull the trigger ? If so, touch the wire to the ground clamp ever so briefly (helmet on or eyes shut) to see if its got "Zap".
              "Good Enough Never Is"

Comment

I need a circuit board for a 135
                Last edited by blackmarlen; 02-20-2021, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by blackmarlen View Post
                  I would be interested in it as a backup for mine which needs a new circuit board.
                  Ummmm Post is 10+ years old.... Probably not available anymore....
                  "Fear The Government That Wants To Take Your Guns" - Thomas Jefferson..

Comment

Yeah. Threw me off. I'm like HH135 (even though I had one!)?? Then I saw "5 years ago" and I didn't feel so old anymore. Then I saw that post was from 2010 when I saw Hotfoot was the poster. Then I felt old again.

Comment

Working...
                    X