Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 880-113-666 power suply part id for snap-on ya240a

Hi,
    I'm new here and trying to get my snap-on /century machine back up and running after lightning hit my shop this summer. I have had the machine since 1988 and have not had any problems with it. I have a blown part on the power bd I cant identify. There are 3 TO-220 transistors mounted on heat sinks the first is a LM317 voltage regulator the middle is a TIP107 darlington transistor. I need to know what the last one is because it is blown to pieces. I'm hoping to repair this bd cheaply so I can figure out what else is damaged before I spend alot of dollars. If a lot of other stuff is messed up I'm just gonna get a new machine. I can get the bd for 182.00 but if I can fix it for 15-20$ that would be great.

Is that the part number of the board?
    If so I have a print of it with all details.
    Century version.

Comment

Call Snap-On Customer support....Oh, and lots of luck!
      "Good Enough Never Is"

Comment

JAKE SS,

yes that is the part number for the bd. and the print would be very helpful

Thanks
        mrallen36

Comment

If you send me your email address I will send it to you.
          Make sure that you thoroughly check your pcb as compared to the print to make sure they are the same.
          If an IC is blown then likely other components are as well. They may not appear to have any physical damage but perhaps shorted or open circuit.
          Do a lot of testing to see if you can figure out why it failed.

Cheers

Comment

JAKE_SS ,

Please send it to [email protected]
            will make sure that the bd and peripheral components get checked out.

Thanks,
            mrallen36

Comment

Sent it. Lets know how you go.

Comment

Thanks,

After some more testing I found 2 shorted diodes along with that single transistor. will let everyone know how I come out on this.

mrallen36

Comment

Jake_SS,
                  After comparing the print you sent me and the bd that I have they are not identical. Loking at the date the print was done 6/10/96 I believe that I have an earlier version. The bd layout is almost identical with the exception that R19 is missing and Q1 and Q2 are not the same, on my bd Q2 is a TIP107 which is rated at 8 amps instead of TIP147 which is rated at 10 amps. do you know if they changed these in later years to increase reliability or have any other suggestions. The pinouts on J5, 6 and 7 are correct.

Thanks,
                  Mrallen36

Comment

Originally posted by mrallen36 View Post
                    Jake_SS,
                    After comparing the print you sent me and the bd that I have they are not identical. Loking at the date the print was done 6/10/96 I believe that I have an earlier version. The bd layout is almost identical with the exception that R19 is missing and Q1 and Q2 are not the same, on my bd Q2 is a TIP107 which is rated at 8 amps instead of TIP147 which is rated at 10 amps. do you know if they changed these in later years to increase reliability or have any other suggestions. The pinouts on J5, 6 and 7 are correct.

Thanks,
                    Mrallen36
                    All the better quality machines such as the red, blue etc. upgrade there PCBs and other components if they have seen faults in a previous version.
                    If it is higher rated that should be fine as long as it is the same component and the specs are basically the same.

Comment

Hey there Jake, I have a similar problem with the same board. I sent it across the country for repair over a year ago and the machine has just been sitting. Now I want to use it and no workee. I would rather repair it myself this time. I have already replaced the ICs because they were cheap and easy but still no good. The board gets power fine but will send no voltage to the drive motor. I am suspecting diodes but could really use a copy of that board printout. If you could send me a copy I sure woul appreciate it. Thanks, Rick.

Comment

here is the schematic, the highlighted parts are the ones I found bad on mine.
                        I have decided to replace all semiconductors on the bd as all of the parts are less than $20.00

Thanks,
                        Mrallen36

Comment

How did you figure out what each of the parts are using that schematic?

Comment

Originally posted by mrallen36 View Post
                            here is the schematic, the highlighted parts are the ones I found bad on mine.
                            I have decided to replace all semiconductors on the bd as all of the parts are less than $20.00

Thanks,
                            Mrallen36
                            Have you taken any voltage measurements? If so what results.
                            Inputs and Outputs
                            Get back with whatever info you have.

Comment

Originally posted by RickyD View Post
                              Hey there Jake, I have a similar problem with the same board. I sent it across the country for repair over a year ago and the machine has just been sitting. Now I want to use it and no workee. I would rather repair it myself this time. I have already replaced the ICs because they were cheap and easy but still no good. The board gets power fine but will send no voltage to the drive motor. I am suspecting diodes but could really use a copy of that board printout. If you could send me a copy I sure woul appreciate it. Thanks, Rick.
                              Send me your email address and I will send it to you.
                              Reply with results

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X