Beta-mig 250

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beta-mig 250

Hi guy Im new here but need some help. I bought a used Beta-mig 250 and I'm having problems with the gas flow.. When I got the machine it was set up for flux core. Upon switching it back to solid core and gas I'm not getting any gas. Everything from tank to solinoid works fine. I'm only getting about half a volt to the sol. Any ideas or help would be apriciated.
    s/n 195ws05986
    Spec SP7189-001

THanks guys
    Wade

Was it welding fine before that, or don't you know? Are you getting any welding current when you pull the trigger on the gun? When you pull the trigger, are you hearing "clicking" inside the machine? Is the contactor closing? More than likely it's either the control relay, or the control transformer. ---Mike---
    BUY AMERICAN... THE JOB YOU SAVE MAY BE YOUR OWN!!!!!

Hobart Champion 16
    Miller external secondary contactor
    stick foot pedal
    remote voltage control(homemade)
    Hobart Portafeed 17(w AG-2000 control box)
    Bernard Q350 mig gun
    Hobart AG-2000 pull gun
    Lincoln Hi-Freq k799(yes, I know it's red)
    Weldcraft CS300 tig torch
    Miller RFC-23A foot pedal
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 50
    Victor 450/300 series torches
    oodles of connecting cords

I can fix it, just pay me to replace it first

Comment

Yes the machine welds fine other than it's very porous sp? from no gas. So ya the contactor is clicking but no power to gas sol.

Anyone that can tell me where it gets it's power from?

Thanks guys

Comment

may be flow metter clogged

it happen to my miller 172 when I left unused for long periods of time the flowmeter ball is kind of trapped /clogged i need to dissasemble the tube where the ball float to give the flow reading and just push a little bit to release it and it works like a charm again , this had happen to me a couple of times , you could try to blow trough the hose that going from the flowmeter to the welder

disconnect the hose from the flowmeter and try to blow trough it and press the trigger at the same time if you are able to blow the problem is in the flowmeter and you could isolate the problem

if you are able to hear the click of the valvle activation from the trigger

look for hose obstructions
        prehistoric AC stick welder 180 amps OIL cooled no name or brand

MM172 challenger

Comment

I can hear the click of the main contacts but not the gas sol. I took the hose off the machine and the regulator, tank and hose work fine. It is a power to the sol. problem.. Thanks though

Comment

The fan and the gas solenoid tap into the 115v primary side of the contactor, and the 115v side of the control transformer. Check for loose wires between everything mentioned. If everything is good, take the welding wire out of the machine, and have someone squeeze the gun trigger. Then test the primary side of the contactor and the 115v side of the control transformer with a voltmeter. My guess is you will have 115 at the contactor, but not at the transformer, which if I'm reading this right, means the control relay is bad. Either that or because the gas solenoid is in line, it is bad and preventing voltage flow through the circuit. Hard to tell by the schematic when I don't have the machine in front of me. Call Hobart @ 1-800-332-3281 and ask for tech support. They may tell you something completely different, but they can get you a manual and diagrams, and point you in the right direction. Hope this helps. ---Mike---

Hobart Champion 16
            stick foot pedal
            Bernard Q350 mig gun
            Hobart AG-2000 pull gun

Comment

Can you post the circuit?

Comment

Jake,
                The only schematic I have is for a Bet-Mig 200. I was assuming, (yes I know what happens when you assume), that the 250 is similar. What I have is rough and hard to read, but I will see what I can do. If you call Hobart at the number above, maybe they can provide the one you need. Or get an owners manual. It should be in the back. Hope this helps. ---Mike---

Hobart Champion 16
                stick foot pedal
                Bernard Q350 mig gun
                Hobart AG-2000 pull gun

Comment

how to get owners manual for a 87 hobart beta mig 200

mwoh could you please tell me how to get a manual for the above welder I am having troubles with welder and I think a manual would help out a lot fan comes on I hear contactor and gas solenoid and wire feeds on both mig and spool gun but no arc thanks in advance for any help

Comment

Working...
                  X