Hh210

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hh210

I planned on buying a hh140 a couple of weeks ago because I thought it would handle most of what I needed a welder for and the ability of using it with a small generator seemed appealing.
    Then I found this site and started reading and the next thing I decided was that the 140 would limit me to bigger future projects so I thought the 187 looked good.
    Then along those same lines of reasoning I'm thinking that I should go ahead and get the 210. I'm planning on ordering the hh210, cart, auto darkening helmet and getting a gas bottle.
    Hobart also has the Ironman 210, is there any reason for me to get it rather than the HH? I want to buy the right machine that I wont be able to easily outgrow.
    I'll be using it to do some horse trailer rusty metal replacement, general small farm repair, truck bumper fab, etc.

Thanks for any suggestions.

You might want to take a look here about the differences:

http://www.hobartwelders.com/weldtal...ad.php?t=33112
    Jon
    Hobart Beta-Mig 200
    Smith Proportional Mixer CO2/Argon
    Buffalo Forge No. 22 Drill Press

Comment

I have the HH210. You won't outgrow it. If you NEED what LITTLE the IM210 can do over the HH210, than I suggest getting the MM212 (for not much more money) or MM252.

Comment

For various repairs on say from 10 guage to 3/16 would I be better off with .030 or .035 wire? I plan on always having flux core on hand for outside windy situations. Just wandering if most of you keep all the wires sizes on hand that the welder will run or do you prefer a size. I assume that the .023 is only for the really thin stuff.
        I planned on getting my gas in an argon mix but also see where some use straight CO2. What is the cost diff? and what are your oppinions.
        Mig welding is going to be new to me and I appreciate everyones help.

Comment

For that material thickness range, I'd go with an .030 solid wire on a HH 187 or HH 210.

The HH 187 and HH 210 run best with C-25.
          MigMaster 250- Smooth arc with a good touch of softness to it. Good weld puddle wetout. Light spatter producer.
          Ironman 230 - Soft arc with a touch of agressiveness to it. Very good weld puddle wet out. Light spatter producer.

PM 180C

HH 125 EZ - impressive little fluxcore only unit

Comment

Working...
          X