Some Bernard/Miller Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Bernard/Miller Pics

Partly because I just got a new Bernard Q200 MIG gun for my Millermatic 212... but mostly because I just got a new Canon Digital SLR , some pictures for your viewing pleasure.

They're resized down where they're manageable on a public forum, but they lose a lot in the translation. The original 4400+ pixel images are impressive - well, the imagery is, the photographer is still pretty much at the starting line

Re: the Bernard, it's a major improvement over the Miller M25 gun, and possibly just a little more compact. The Centerfire consumable system makes everything easy to change, and keeps the whole consumable group perfectly concentric. Bought it for less than a hunnerd on eBay from a brick-and-mortar welding supply that had it drop shipped to me directly from Bernard, factory fresh in the package.

Trailblazer 302 * Millermatic 212 * Syncrowave 180SD * X-Treme 12VS Feeder * Spoolmate 3035
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52 Plasma * Lincoln 175 MIG

Victor Superrange II * Victor Journeyman

Hobart HH 125EZ

Originally posted by Zrexxer View Post
    Partly because I just got a new Bernard Q200 MIG gun for my Millermatic 212... but mostly because I just got a new Canon Digital SLR , some pictures for your viewing pleasure.

They're resized down where they're manageable on a public forum, but they lose a lot in the translation. The original 4400+ pixel images are impressive - well, the imagery is, the photographer is still pretty much at the starting line

I don't know one gun from another...but ain't bokeh cool?!
    Michael

Comment

Originally posted by TR3A View Post
      I don't know one gun from another...but ain't bokeh cool?!
      I didn't even know that word before two weeks ago... had to look it up on Wikipedia But yes, yes, it's all way cool and I've obviously found another sinkhole for cash... like I needed that!
      Trailblazer 302 * Millermatic 212 * Syncrowave 180SD * X-Treme 12VS Feeder * Spoolmate 3035

Hobart HH 125EZ

Comment

I didn't even know that word before two weeks ago... had to look it up on Wikipedia But yes, yes, it's all way cool and I've obviously found another sinkhole for cash... like I needed that!
        Sinkhole?! Photography could rival welding! Nice pics!
        Michael

Comment

At least you don't have to buy film or chemicals
          Ed Conley
          Screaming Broccoli, Inc
          http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
          MM252
          MM211
          Miller Passport Plus, Spoolmate 100
          TA185
          SO 2020 Bender
          Miller 125c Plasma
          "Hold my beer while I try this!"

Comment

Zrexxer,

If you're doing primarily short arc welding, do yourself a favor and order the flush nozzle for that gun. Think you'll like it.

I use the Q-300 on my MM251 and the recessed nozzle is best for spray, whereas the flush is better on short arc.

I know, it's easy to spend someone else's money.
            SundownIII

Syncrowave 250DX, Tigrunner
            Dynasty 200 DX w/CM 3
            MM 251 w/30 A SG
            HH 187 Mig
            XMT 304 w/714D Feeder & Optima Pulser
            Dialarc 250 w/HF 15-1
            Hypertherm PM 1250 Plasma
            Victor, Harris, and Smith O/A
            PC Dry Cut Saw and (just added) Wilton (7x12) BS
            Mil Mod 6370-21 Metal Cut Saw
            More grinders than hands (Makita & Dewalt)
            Grizzly 6"x48" Belt Sander
            Access to full fab shop w/CNC Plasma & Waterjet
            Gas mixers (Smith(2) and Thermco)
            Miller BWE and BWE Dig

Comment

My Miller gun on my 180 has been acting up. Maybe just a new liner?? But the trigger is not pulling as smooth as it used to.

Why Bernard? Is this better than the Miller...I know Miller has them on their site. Prices for the Bernard are under a $100 on e bay but list is over $300.

Expert guidance please...thanks
              Don
              Scottsdale, AZ
              www.SavageSun4x4.com

MillerMatic 211 AS
              Hypertherm PowerMax30
              Bernard 300 Amp Q Gun
              Milwaukee Bandsaw/stand
              8 Angle Grinders
              DeWalt Chop Saw
              Craftsman Twin-Blade Saw
              12 Ton Shop Press
              Optrel Satellite Helmet
              Miller Elite Helmetsigpic

Comment

I have one on a 12RC what a sweet gun it is
                "Weld It And You Won't Be Screwed"
                Rescued from the boneyard SA-250 on a fully equipt trailer (My Wife's Explorer cries every time I hitch up)
                Trailblazer 301G (can't touch the SA-200 for stick)
                Arcair K-4000 A.K.A "The Hissing Cobra"
                HF- 251 TIG box for the TB with a Weldcrap torch, Yes I weld aluminum
                More than a toolbox full of stuff on an F-350 that is way to small

Comment

Originally posted by SundownIII View Post
                  If you're doing primarily short arc welding, do yourself a favor and order the flush nozzle for that gun. Think you'll like it.
                  The first thing I noticed was that nozzle... dealer said Bernard ships them with recessed nozzle by default, why, who knows. But not to worry... ordered two flush nozzles last Thursday, they should be here Monday

Originally posted by TozziWelding View Post
                  I have one on a 12RC what a sweet gun it is
                  I was thinking about trying to find a Bernard Dura-flux for my 12VS since it will only have fluxcore in it... ever tried one of those? They're not really abundant out there like the Q-series guns, maybe they're newer?

Hobart HH 125EZ

Comment

I have the Bernard 300 for my MillerMatic 200. It is made like a fine watch. What a great investment. Mine was around $100 too, best money spent in a long time.
                    David

Comment

I have a Q300 15 ft. and a Q400 20ft gun that I run on my MM350P. I really like the 20 ft length but the Q400 is a little big in size. But I would melt the Q300 in spray arc. I use the Q400 for .045 wire and I use the Q300 for .035 wire. I would like to get a 15 ft Q200 to run .023 wire for roll cages. I really like the Bernard mig guns. I did have trouble when I first got my 350P trying to feed .030 and .035 through a 20 ft Q300. The gun was just to long to push the small wire through it. I sent it back and they sent me a new 15 ft Q300. I also have to say that bernard has great customer service.
                      Zrexxer,
                      Can you do me a favor. Can you take another pic of the Q200 gun next to a ruler or tape measure so I know how much smaller it would be than my Q300 gun. can you run the tape both ways so I can see the length and the width, and the amount of the curve in the handle.
                      Next could you run .023 run with it and let me know if the 15ft is too long to push .023 wire. I really did not see you say if it was 12 ft or 15ft. I just would hate to get a 15 ft gun for .023 and have problems feeding wire.
                      PowerMig 215
                      Precision Tig 225
                      Old Buzz Box

Hypertherm 600
                      HH 125 EZ
                      MM 350P
                      TB 302 w/ 12RC

Originally posted by scab
                      If you are the type of person who gets upset at things breaking brace yourself for possible dissappointment.

Comment

Originally posted by ace4059 View Post
                        Can you do me a favor. Can you take another pic of the Q200 gun next to a ruler or tape measure so I know how much smaller it would be than my Q300 gun. can you run the tape both ways so I can see the length and the width, and the amount of the curve in the handle.
                        Next could you run .023 run with
                        I'll see what I can do about sizing when I get a chance to get the camera back out for a few minutes.

As far as .023, I never run .023, so I don't have an 023 liner, jump liner, contact tips, or .023 wire. So unless you'd like to ship me all those things for the test... it ain't gonna happen

Hobart HH 125EZ

Comment

Originally posted by ace4059 View Post
                          Next could you run .023 run with it and let me know if the 15ft is too long to push .023 wire. I really did not see you say if it was 12 ft or 15ft. I just would hate to get a 15 ft gun for .023 and have problems feeding wire.
                          The gun handle for Q200 and Q300 are the same size. The difference is the swan neck. Q300 comes with QT-3 which is about 5.5" long. Q200 comes with QT-2 which is about 4" long.

The gun handle on the Q400 is bigger than the Q300 and Q200.

NOTE: Q3020 is a 20ft. gun. I took pics with model numbers. All of these guns have flush mount nozzles.
                          Last edited by crawler; 02-24-2009, 09:31 AM.
                          Millermatic Passport Plus
                          Millermatic 200

Millermatic 350P with Python
                          XMT 304 /w S-64 feeder and 12RC
                          Dynasty 300 DX
                          Victor O/A
                          Premier Power Welder for my trail junk.

Comment

comparison pics.
                            Millermatic 200

Dynasty 300 DX
                            Victor O/A

Comment

pic of all 3 guns. Top pic is a Q300 gun with QT-3 swan neck.

Middle and bottom are with QT-2 swan neck.
                              Millermatic 200

Dynasty 300 DX
                              Victor O/A

Comment

Working...
                              X