handler 187 wire feed problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• handler 187 wire feed problems

hello i purchased a 187 to replace my previous welder i seem to be having issues feeding the first roll of wire in. it is fine all the way through the liner but, it seems to be getting caught in the gun

any help would be great. oh this is a re manufactured machine. but the first roll i put through it.
    Last edited by mre_powers; 02-18-2009, 05:57 PM.

Have you tried screwing off the tip while feeding the wire through the gun? If not, take it off, thread the wire through the gun, place the tip over the end of the wire and thread it back onto the gun. Also, check to make sure the tip is the correct size.
    Miller 251, Lincoln PrecisionTig 275, Miller DialArc 250 AC/DC, Hypertherm 900, Bridgeport J-head, Jet 14" lathe, South Bend 9" lathe, Hossfeld bender with a collection of dies driving me to the poorhouse, Logan shaper, Ellis 3000 bandsaw, Royersford drill press and a Victor Journeyman O/A.

Comment

no tip, the gun and cable as straight as can be after the first birds nest.

Comment

This isn't with aluminum wire is it? I mention it only because you said something about bird nesting.

New/remanufactured gun with no tip installed? Tried running a short length of wire through the gun in reverse to see if there is a problem? If you come across a blockage while reverse feeding the wire, carefully note how much wire is inside the gun and see if it doesn't come out to be about the same length as the distance from the liner end to the tip. Your liner may be crimped at the connection, otherwise defective gun.
        Last edited by Wyoming; 02-18-2009, 06:37 PM.
        Miller 251, Lincoln PrecisionTig 275, Miller DialArc 250 AC/DC, Hypertherm 900, Bridgeport J-head, Jet 14" lathe, South Bend 9" lathe, Hossfeld bender with a collection of dies driving me to the poorhouse, Logan shaper, Ellis 3000 bandsaw, Royersford drill press and a Victor Journeyman O/A.

Comment

I GOT IT i did not push gun all the way in the machine once i read the ------- manuel did i get it.
          thanks for your help. i was wondering why it was harder to feed wire then my old machine.

this machine is awesome like night and day vs old machine.

Comment

Congratulations! Glad to hear that the manual saved the day. We would all be further ahead if we took the time to read the darned things..."Gimme...wanna play...NOW!!!!!"...least that is how it goes around my shop much of the time until something doesn't work right.
            Last edited by Wyoming; 02-18-2009, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X