Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Scott V (Brand X)

Scott,

I just purchased ($82.00) a Radnor PRO 130 MIG gun, from Airgas, with a Miller backend. Looking at the parts breakdown I see that the backend is removable. I was wondering if you'd ever tried seeing if the backend off a Hobart H-10 gun might possibly fit on this Radnor gun.

Before you or anyone else asks why I just don't check myself, I'll point out I don't have an H-10 gun here at home right now. A HH 125 EZ and the PM 180C are the only two units I keep here at home anymore.
    MigMaster 250- Smooth arc with a good touch of softness to it. Good weld puddle wetout. Light spatter producer.
    Ironman 230 - Soft arc with a touch of agressiveness to it. Very good weld puddle wet out. Light spatter producer.

PM 180C

HH 125 EZ - impressive little fluxcore only unit

Dan,
    I happen to be down in Plush tonight and can check tomorrow. Took 22 over the mountain and wished I didn't. Anyway tired from 1500 miles in the last couple of days or I would check tonight. Going to hook up the extra feeder to the C-300 and see how the LN-25 pro works on it. I will load .045 Esab 710X and see how it does.

Did you know your Radnor gun is made by Binzel?

Comment

Dan,
      took both guns apart today and checked it out. It's not going to work, because the H-10 gun has larger threads. There is enough meat to turn down to the Radnor back-end threads. Then the problem starts, you would have to use the H-10 liner and it won't get past the smaller dia. neck in the Radnor gun. The Liner (od.) is quite a bit smaller on the Radnor gun. The diffuser/tip holder is too small also. Guess Somebody thought this thing out good. I have extra H-10 gun if you want it.

Comment

Scott,

The super flexible cable and Made in Germany label on the box, had me wondering if Binzel was the manufacture of the gun.

I didn't purchase this Radnor gun for my HH 187. Trying to find out if swapping of components to make it work on the 187 was an after thought, that I had very little confidence in being possible.

I'm really not interested in another H-10 gun. I like the 60º neck angle of my Binzel, Lincoln, and Radnor guns better. Plus, there tends to be quite a bit of drag on the wire in the neck region of the H-10. So I am wanting to try something different on the unit. It looks like Profax possibly makes a gun configuration that will work on the HH 187, so I'll probably give one of them a try.
        MigMaster 250- Smooth arc with a good touch of softness to it. Good weld puddle wetout. Light spatter producer.
        Ironman 230 - Soft arc with a touch of agressiveness to it. Very good weld puddle wet out. Light spatter producer.

PM 180C

HH 125 EZ - impressive little fluxcore only unit

Comment

hey scott how much do you want for the H-10 gun?

you can send me an E-mail if you want [email protected]
          Dylan

Comment

Originally posted by migwelder05 View Post
            hey scott how much do you want for the H-10 gun?

you can send me an E-mail if you want [email protected]
            How about $25.00 plus shipping. It's in good shape too. I think I might have a few tips for it too. I would need to look through to see what I have. I will take it to Portland with me and can ship it from there. (if you want it?) I believe a flat rate box might be the best way to ship.

Scott

Comment

yeah ill take it. do you have paypal ? or how do you want me to pay for this?
              Dylan

Comment

No paypal but after I get back into town I will contact your e-mail with info.

Comment

ok thanks again.
                  Dylan

Comment

Working...
                  X