Mm211

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mm211

Was looking thru the '09 Miller catalog and see theyre offering what looks like an equivalent to the HH210. From what I can tell the specs look identical exc the Miller product has Autoset, Autoline (ability to attach to 110 and 220VAC power w/ only a plug change) and some misc trinkets. Miller website doesnt yet list it.

http://www.hobartwelders.com/weldtal...ad.php?t=32418
    Trailblazer 302 * Millermatic 212 * Syncrowave 180SD * X-Treme 12VS Feeder * Spoolmate 3035
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52 Plasma * Lincoln 175 MIG

Victor Superrange II * Victor Journeyman

Hobart HH 125EZ

Comment

The 211 will be available through Miller dealers this Monday............Was posted by Miller Sales Guy over on Miller site.
      RoyB
      Dartmouth Ma

Millermatic 185 MIG
      Miller Diversion TIG
      XYZ Torches
      Grizzly 9957 Mill
      Grizzly 4030 Metal Band Saw
      Grizzly 1050 Knife Belt Sander
      Jet 1236 Metal Lathe
      CM 14" Metal Band Saw
      TP Blast Cabinet

Comment

Looks like Miller built a fine machine. It should cut into the sales of the 140/180/DVI/212/and the passport.

Comment

Some Info
          http://www.weldingsuppliesfromioc.co...-AS-AND/Detail

Comment

Originally posted by Scott V View Post
            Looks like Miller built a fine machine. It should cut into the sales of the 140/180/DVI/212/and the passport.
            Since the dual voltage option is really no benefit to me, if Miller has given the 211 a similar or the same inductance level as the 180, I think I'd go with a HH 210 instead. When I tested the MM 180 , its main weakness was its top end performance in the aeras of spatter level and weld puddle wet out.

Besided the Passport is more intriguing anyway.
            MigMaster 250- Smooth arc with a good touch of softness to it. Good weld puddle wetout. Light spatter producer.
            Ironman 230 - Soft arc with a touch of agressiveness to it. Very good weld puddle wet out. Light spatter producer.

PM 180C

HH 125 EZ - impressive little fluxcore only unit

Comment

[QUOTE=Dan;347045]Since the dual voltage option is really no benefit to me, if Miller has given the 211 a similar or the same inductance level as the 180, I think I'd go with a HH 210 instead. When I tested the MM 180 , its main weakness was its top end performance in the aeras of spatter level and weld puddle wet out.

I would rather have a passport too. Just for how it runs with CO2. (weight factor) In fact the aluminum mig welding is top notch too. I also would take a HH 210 and a Lincoln 140C before I bought a Miller 180. I know those units are going to be tough without huge boards in them. Bet the Miller has one big exposed circuit board that cost about as much as the machine??? I really like Lincolns potted board design, to keep the grits out .

Comment

I wonder why you couldn't use the dp 3035 spoolgun instead of the spoolmate 100 spoolgun with the MM 211? All you would have to do is replace the connector pin which would cost about $20 to $25 dollars. It's very easy to replace the connector. The dp 3035 has much more duty cycle, which would be nice for flux, mig, or aluminum welding and more reach. The 20 feet reach verses 12 feet can come in handy sometimes.
                Steve W

Millermatic 211i
                Hypertherm Powermax 380
                Miller Thunderbolt AC/DC arc welder
                Lincoln AC 225 arc welder
                Victor O/A torch setup
                Gentec O/A torch setup

Comment

You probably can do that. I put the Hobart pin on my M-25 gun with no mods needed. It was the same thread and everything. The gun didn't fit the HH210 without cutting back some plastic on the front, though. As long as it runs and powers the same, I don't see why it wouldn't work at all.
                  Don

Go Spurs Go!!!!!!

Comment

Miller officially released the 211 on its website. Not a bunch of fanfare but all of the specs are there.

Comment

I noticed that the power on/off switch is on the back, and the spoolgun switch is on the front. Looks like a very nice machine, but I still favor the Hobart 210 and 187, especially when you catch a sell on them at Tractor Supply or Northern Tools.
                      Last edited by Steve W; 02-03-2009, 10:19 PM.
                      Steve W

Millermatic 211i
                      Hypertherm Powermax 380
                      Miller Thunderbolt AC/DC arc welder
                      Lincoln AC 225 arc welder
                      Victor O/A torch setup
                      Gentec O/A torch setup

Comment

Working...
                      X