Extention cord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extention cord

Anyone know where I can get an extention cord for my new HH210? I made am outlet in my garage, but I reload amunition there and I have enough gun powder in there to blow this little village off the map. Must get one long enough to get outside.

Check eBay or weldingdepot.com. They are available in 25'&50'. You can make your own, but IMO, it was cheaper to buy.

Comment

I just got a 12 gauge extension cord from the big box store, and replaced the ends with 220 volt. I made sure that it had 3 insulated conductors(the industrial kind).

Attached is the limit for the HH210 from your manual. Note that is says 14 awg is acceptable.

Chris

Comment

what do you mean of extention cord??

Comment

Originally posted by reign16 View Post
          what do you mean of extention cord??

Plain old drop cord, but heavy duty. Lowe's sells Yellow Jacket brand cords that are heavy duty. They're thick and yellow. I got a 50 footer with #10 wire for around $60. I cut the ends off and slapped on a NEMA 6-50P on one end and a NEMA 6-50R on the other.

You can go the even cheaper route and go to Walmart and pick up an RV extension cord in the automotive dept for even less $.

Comment

A few months ago I did exactly that.
            Bought a 50' and 100' Ridgid extension cords from HD.
            I think it's 10ga. I cut off the old connectors, put on
            new ones, and I was good to go...

The cords were cheaper, by a lot, than buying
            just the cable from the big spools at HD. The
            Ridgid extension cords cost something around $1/ft,
            while the bulk cable would have cost me $1.50 to $2/ft.

Frank

Comment

I bought an RV cord from WallMart, thought it had the right ends and carried it back. Think I will get the yellow one from lowes, looks better. Thanks guys/

Comment

I got a 20 amp yellow cord from Lowe's. It says 10/3 wire. This should work, shouldn't it?

Comment

This is a fifty foot wire and my garage is 75 foot from the house pannel on a 10/3 30 amp breaker. Is this too far if I'm not running wide open and nothing else is running?

Comment

Originally posted by Graham Brown View Post
                    I got a 20 amp yellow cord from Lowe's. It says 10/3 wire. This should work, shouldn't it?
                    That's the kind I have. It'll be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Graham Brown View Post
                      This is a fifty foot wire and my garage is 75 foot from the house pannel on a 10/3 30 amp breaker. Is this too far if I'm not running wide open and nothing else is running?
                      I wouldn't run any high draw power tools while welding, but you'll be fine. You're not going to be anywhere near the full 20 amp draw of the machine for the majority of the time. You're good to go, my friend.

Comment

Thanks, sometimes I know what to do, but your encouragement and approval helps

Comment

Working...
                        X