Used Beta Mig 250

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used Beta Mig 250

I'm looking at a used Beta Mig 250. I'm told the unit is a mid 90's vintage, has had minimal use. It is in pretty good shape. Includes and 80 CF bottle, standard gun. Asking price is $850. I would like to eventually set it up with a spoolgun for aluminum, which I understand can be done with a 3545 gun and SGA100 controller. Does this sound like something to consider or would I be better off getting something new that is spoolgun ready?
    I may be slow, but at least I do poor work.

I installed a spoolgun module one time on a hobart welder. The entire process took about ten minutes. So no, it isn't complicated or time consuming. I say if you like the machine, go for it.

Comment

I have the betamig 250 great welder! The price seems a little high around me they change hands in good to great shape for around $500
      Hobart Bros. 250 Beta-Mig,
      HH-125 Handler Mig Gas
      Ln Weldpack 100 flux machine
      14" Makita Chop Saw
      Everlast 250 Tig combo Plasma Cutter
      Thermal Dynamics Pak 25 plasma cutter 110v
      Seattle Washington
      Owner Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Well I pulled the trigger on this unit yesterday. I got it for $700. Came with an 80cf bottle that is 3/4 full, and a nearly full roll of wire. It shows minimal use and very good care. I put it through its paces at a buddies shop last night and everything worked great at all settings. I think I did okay. Now just need to install a new 50 amp circuit in my garage, and I should be good to go. Thanks for the replies and pms I got regarding this.
        I may be slow, but at least I do poor work.

Comment

What is the voltage knob like, tapped or continuous? If tapped, how many choices of selection? I don't get to see Beta migs too often.

Comment

Originally posted by Brianstick View Post
            What is the voltage knob like, tapped or continuous? If tapped, how many choices of selection? I don't get to see Beta migs too often.
            IIRC the BetaMig 250s were tapped, the voltage selector had 9 positions and there's a high/low range switch (seen in the pic under the voltage knob) effectively giving you 18 voltage selections.
            Trailblazer 302 * Millermatic 212 * Syncrowave 180SD * X-Treme 12VS Feeder * Spoolmate 3035
            Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52 Plasma * Lincoln 175 MIG

Victor Superrange II * Victor Journeyman

Hobart HH 125EZ

Comment

Well than If that's the case I don't understand that at all. The Ironman 250 only has 7 voltage taps and that is supposed to be the newer model.

Comment

Working...
              X