Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New HH187-Power Options?

Hello All;

I am excited, as I have a brand-new HH187 in box, sitting in house, just waiting to be used...have question about power options. I thought long and hard about HH140 vs. HH187 due to power, but went with 187 due to posts/reputation and good price ($539). I didn't look into power requirements too hard though, as I have this available:

1) In garage, I have a 240V 15AMP Plug for my Irrigation Pump.
    2) I have a generator 4500, with a L14-20R plug, that's rated at 17AMPs.

After purchasing, I see the 187 pulls 21.5 Amps full. I wondered if I could safely use either of these options at lower tap ratings without endangering wiring or welder?

Thanks in advance!

PWR Requirements

I had the same questions refer to below link and they are answered.
    Also where didi yo get your 187 for 539.00 at?
    http://hobartwelders.com/weldtalk/sh...ad.php?t=32764
    MM211 MVP/AS
    lots of hand tools
    few power tools
    all my toys

Comment

I did read your post before, but reread it, and it does help...thanks, as my wiring isn't marked, but appears to be 14/3. I'll try a new breaker, but still am concerned about the 15amp plug, which I could probably just replace.

I got my 187 at TSC (website), on sale for $599, with a 10% off discount coupon, bringing it to $539. Delivered to my door free

Comment

14/3 wiring is limited to 15 amps continuous. If you are still going to use it for your irrigation pump (continuous duty while running) do not uprate the breaker. If you are only going to use the welder (intermittent duty) and mark the receptacle "Welding Only", you can legally uprate the breaker.
        Blacksmith
        Stickmate LX AC/DC
        Big cheap (Chinese) Anvil
        Hand cranked coal forge
        Freon bottle propane forge
        HH 210 and bottle of C25

Comment

Alright thats cool. Where did you get the coupon?
          MM211 MVP/AS
          lots of hand tools
          few power tools
          all my toys

Comment

I used a Promo code of TRACTOR for Dec 10%, but believe it doesn't work anymore as I tried it the other day.

Comment

Working...
            X