Hobart Handler 135

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hobart Handler 135

Hello Folks I new to this forum but I have a need for a schematic for the control card on my handler 135. The wire feed circuit gets hot in about 5 seconds and shuts down. I replaced the little 12 volt motor but it didn't help. Any info would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Midget

Call Hobart on Mondat morning. They should be able to help you sort it out.

Comment

Do you know the service number? I don't have any of the paperwork.

Tks.

Comment

At the top of the forum pages, just about dead center is a link to support and manuals are available on line.

The manual has a chassis schematic, but no circuit board detail.

Phone numbers are also available in the support area.

Bob

Comment

The only number I bother to remember is 1-800-4-A-MILLER. They can then transfer you anywhere within Miler/Hobart, IIRC.

Comment

The toll-free technical support number is 800-332-3281.

Comment

From the symptoms that you've described, my first suspicion would be the motor protection device on the board with the designator PTC1. It's located in the middle of the board under the 4-pin connector. It looks like a yellow, flat, round disc with two leads coming out of the bottom.

If the device has gone bad, you can test it by shorting the leads of PTC1 together near the base of the device. This should allow full motor function if PTC1 is the culprit.

PTC1 is a solid-state fuse.

Remember to unplug your machine prior to placing your hands inside for test purposes.

Please post a reply if you check this device.

Darrell

Comment

Working...
              X