Hobart wire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hobart wire

Picked up a 2 lbs spool of .030 HOBART wire this evening, from the farm store, to try out tomorrow evening.

I am wondering what the "Packaged in USA" on the label translates into meaning. "Made in China" and wound onto a smaller spool in the USA possibly?

The 10lbs spools were all marked "Made in China". As is the roll of .030 that I already have here at home. I've ran several pounds off this roll and admittedly it has performed real well in the areas of arc quality and puddle wet out.
    MigMaster 250- Smooth arc with a good touch of softness to it. Good weld puddle wetout. Light spatter producer.
    Ironman 230 - Soft arc with a touch of agressiveness to it. Very good weld puddle wet out. Light spatter producer.

PM 180C

HH 125 EZ - impressive little fluxcore only unit

I don't care where its from as long as it works like it is supposed to.
    Don

Go Spurs Go!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dda52 View Post
      I don't care where its from as long as it works like it is supposed to.
      Don,

I just found it amusing that effort was spent to place the Packaged in USA on the label.

The 10 lbs spool runs real well on the loaner HH 210 that I have, and my HH 187. Noticably better then your Pinnacle in the area of weld puddle wet out. Compared to to HB-28 or this Hobart wire, the weld puddle wet out of the 3 rolls of pinnacle wire that I have is a little sluggish. I'm not stating the Pinnacle is a bad wire, I just prefer the Hobart wire.
      MigMaster 250- Smooth arc with a good touch of softness to it. Good weld puddle wetout. Light spatter producer.
      Ironman 230 - Soft arc with a touch of agressiveness to it. Very good weld puddle wet out. Light spatter producer.

PM 180C

HH 125 EZ - impressive little fluxcore only unit

Comment

I didn't have any issues with the Hobart wire. Spatter was a tad higher than the Pinnacle, but not bad. May just be a machine difference. Dunno. I will say this much, my 250+ isn't impressed by the Pinnacle at all. Spatter city. Radnor is just as bad and the Thermal S-6 is nothing but BB's. Hobart wire ran much better in the 250+ than anything. Looks like I'll be going back to Hobart everything once I run out of all the rest in the shop. My TB and feeders are the only Millers I have left, so the Pinnacle isn't as great a deal as it was. Still runs great in the HH210 at least. Now I wonder what I am going to do with the new 33# roll of .030 I still have.
        Don

Go Spurs Go!!!!!!

Comment

Now I wonder what I am going to do with the new 33# roll of .030 I still have.

It probably will run in my Lincoln just fine.
          Esab 2200 AC/DC
          Thermal 211i
          Thermal Pee-wee 85s
          Smith O/A plus mini torch
          Smith machine torch
          LN-25 pro
          LF-72 feeder
          Edwards 65 ton
          5X10 CNC table
          Victor A-120
          Miller Shopmate 300DX
          S-74D feeder

Remember good judgment comes from experience, experience comes from bad judgment.

Comment

That sounded like a hint.
            Don

Go Spurs Go!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Brand X View Post
              Now I wonder what I am going to do with the new 33# roll of .030 I still have.

It probably will run in my Lincoln just fine.
              Send it to me!

Comment

Dang...they are lining up!

Cope, do you ever see Pinnacle around you? I was just wondering since the distributor is in Houston.
                Don

Go Spurs Go!!!!!!

Comment

I've had pretty good results with the Hobart wire too.
                  Hobart Handler 210 mig , 80cf bottle of C-25 mix
                  Bokrand GmbH pocket mig , 110v
                  Clarke 101E stick , 110v
                  Craftsman 10" drill press
                  Craftsman 12" bandsaw
                  HF 12 ton hydraulic press
                  Black Max 6hp 60gal air compressor
                  2 4 1/2" grinders
                  Porter Cable 1410 ,cold cut chop saw
                  Makita 14" ,abrasive chop saw
                  50ft 8/3 extension cord
                  Makita saw
                  Arctic Cat generator with adapter cable for welder.
                  Eastwood 135 mig 110v , 20cf bottle C-25 mix

Comment

Originally posted by dda52 View Post
                    Dang...they are lining up!

Cope, do you ever see Pinnacle around you? I was just wondering since the distributor is in Houston.
                    No, but hum a few bars...

I haven;t bought a spool from a LWS in years. I have a 33# spool of .035, two spools of .030 and a few 8" .030 and .035. Whenever someone mentions a good wire, I can never find it locally, who is the distributor?

Comment

http://www.sowesco.com/

That is who my LWS gets it from.
                      Don

Go Spurs Go!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                        Picked up a 2 lbs spool of .030 HOBART wire this evening, from the farm store, to try out tomorrow evening.

I am wondering what the "Packaged in USA" on the label translates into meaning. "Made in China" and wound onto a smaller spool in the USA possibly?

The 10lbs spools were all marked "Made in China". As is the roll of .030 that I already have here at home. I've ran several pounds off this roll and admittedly it has performed real well in the areas of arc quality and puddle wet out.
                        Was it solid wire or flux cored wire?

Comment

Originally posted by weldrwomn View Post
                          Was it solid wire or flux cored wire?
                          Most likely it was solid.

Comment

Working...
                          X