money to spend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• money to spend

Got some early christmas money and want an opinion please.

I have a MM140 which is great but want to be able to do aluminum. I was thinking of upgrading to something like a DVI2, or 212, or maybe a used 252.

At the same time thought that it would be fun to learn to tig!!

Any ideas?

A MM210 or 212 would be my choice, if funds are available, because of the gun on demand set up.

You might be able to find a clean MM210 on the used market.

Comment

How much money do you have to spend? If you want to learn TIG but also get a larger MIG machine you may want to do some looking at multiprocess machines. We have a Miller Shopmaster 300 and it is an excellent machine for all processes.

We paid $1675 for ours with a S-22A wirefeed and an aircooled TIG torch.

An inverter may also be worth looking at, something like a Miller XMT, only downside is no AC.

Comment

I narrowed it down between the 212 and the diversion 165. Not sure which way to go.

Originally posted by ArtisanFarms View Post
        How much money do you have to spend? If you want to learn TIG but also get a larger MIG machine you may want to do some looking at multiprocess machines. We have a Miller Shopmaster 300 and it is an excellent machine for all processes.

We paid $1675 for ours with a S-22A wirefeed and an aircooled TIG torch.

An inverter may also be worth looking at, something like a Miller XMT, only downside is no AC.

Comment

Working...
        X