Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dda52: A couple yellow machine welds for you

Don,

While you're patiently waiting for you new machine, I decided I 'd torment you with a couple weld bead pics produced with my inferior yellow unit.

For these welds, I had the coarse voltage dial set to the high range, and the fine range voltage dial set to tap #2. The wire speed dial was set a little short of 8. I feel a good guess on the out put for these setting would be 24 - 25 load volts with an amperage that falls in the 200 -210 amp range.
    MigMaster 250- Smooth arc with a good touch of softness to it. Good weld puddle wetout. Light spatter producer.
    Ironman 230 - Soft arc with a touch of agressiveness to it. Very good weld puddle wet out. Light spatter producer.

PM 180C

HH 125 EZ - impressive little fluxcore only unit

Ooooo....purty. Yup, you are tormenting me.

It won't be long for me now, Dan. The unit was supposed to be shipped around 1pm your time today. If all goes well, they think I may have it by the end of the week.
    Don

Go Spurs Go!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dda52 View Post

It won't be long for me now, Dan. The unit was supposed to be shipped around 1pm your time today. If all goes well, they think I may have it by the end of the week.
      Don,
      be sure to runs some beads with C-8. I would like to the profile between the two gases.Try the two inductance taps to see the difference in the arc cone. I will be down around the other machine this Friday.

Dan,
      did you ever pick up some C-10? Nice looking weld bead too!!
      Esab 2200 AC/DC
      Thermal 211i
      Thermal Pee-wee 85s
      Smith O/A plus mini torch
      Smith machine torch
      LN-25 pro
      LF-72 feeder
      Edwards 65 ton
      5X10 CNC table
      Victor A-120
      Miller Shopmate 300DX
      S-74D feeder

Remember good judgment comes from experience, experience comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Will do, Scott. Hey...why didn't you suggest shipping with flat rate boxes to Joel?? It would have gotten here sooner.
        Don

Go Spurs Go!!!!!!

Comment

So, so, so, so which unit are you getting? I remember talk of a 250 and a 250 plus... or whatever. Inquiring minds want to know.

Incidentally, those going yellow may sent their used blue and red equipment to VA for proper disposal, postage prepaid.
          --- RJL ----------------------------------------------

Ordinarily I'm insane, but I have lucid moments when I'm merely stupid.
          -------------------------

Comment

Dan,
            did you ever pick up some C-10? Nice looking weld bead too!!
            Scott No C-10 yet. I need to keep the 98/2 around for a while longer.

When I originally test drove my Migmaster 250, I used C-10 for spray arc, and the machine performed very well with it. Which I was glad to see, especially consider the fact that the MM 251 that I sold was a very nice C-10 spray arc unit.
            MigMaster 250- Smooth arc with a good touch of softness to it. Good weld puddle wetout. Light spatter producer.
            Ironman 230 - Soft arc with a touch of agressiveness to it. Very good weld puddle wet out. Light spatter producer.

PM 180C

HH 125 EZ - impressive little fluxcore only unit

Comment

That's great, Don!!!! Once you get it, you should make a quick trip up to Oregon with it, let Dan run a couple passes with it, then you also will have some beautiful beads to show everybody, "Was made with this here welder right here, Ol yellar." ..... and then just give it a couple pats for effect.
              *** Disclaimer ***

As I have no wish to toy with anybody's life, I suggest you take this and all other posts with a certain amount of skepticism. Carefully evaluate, and if necessary, research on your own any suggestions or advice you might pick up here, especially those from my posts, as I obviously haven't the skill and experience exhibited by some of the more illustrious and more successful members of this forum. I'm not responsible for anything I say, as I drank toxic water when young.

Comment

Will do, Scott. Hey...why didn't you suggest shipping with flat rate boxes to Joel?? It would have gotten here sooner.

What shape are they in (Flat rate boxes) when they get there??? Probably would look like UPS made the delivery!
                Esab 2200 AC/DC
                Thermal 211i
                Thermal Pee-wee 85s
                Smith machine torch
                LN-25 pro
                LF-72 feeder
                Edwards 65 ton
                5X10 CNC table
                Victor A-120
                Miller Shopmate 300DX
                S-74D feeder

Remember good judgment comes from experience, experience comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Don,
                  You should have said Priority Mail Flat Rate boxes. Not only are they cheaper shipping, but they get there before the Postal apes have much time to cause too much havoc.
                  Miller 251, Lincoln PrecisionTig 275, Miller DialArc 250 AC/DC, Hypertherm 900, Bridgeport J-head, Jet 14" lathe, South Bend 9" lathe, Hossfeld bender with a collection of dies driving me to the poorhouse, Logan shaper, Ellis 3000 bandsaw, Royersford drill press and a Victor Journeyman O/A.

Comment

Originally posted by usmcpop View Post
                    So, so, so, so which unit are you getting? I remember talk of a 250 and a 250 plus... or whatever. Inquiring minds want to know.

Incidentally, those going yellow may sent their used blue and red equipment to VA for proper disposal, postage prepaid.

I have an Esab Migmaster 250 Plus on the way. I hadn't planned on going yellow, it has just worked out that way I spose. Remember how many Synch 250's I looked at? Then bamm....a yellow 252 TIG dropped into my shop. No way am I getting rid of all my bloo machines. Bloo has been way too good to me for that to happen.

Umm, Joe, its coming from Oregon. No way is it going back....sorry Dan.

Scott, the boxes were always pristine. I guess like what Roy said.
                    Don

Go Spurs Go!!!!!!

Comment

Maybe....

Just have Roy pack it for you. Good luck unpacking by the end of the weekend.
                      Esab 2200 AC/DC
                      Thermal 211i
                      Thermal Pee-wee 85s
                      Smith machine torch
                      LN-25 pro
                      LF-72 feeder
                      Edwards 65 ton
                      5X10 CNC table
                      Victor A-120
                      Miller Shopmate 300DX
                      S-74D feeder

Comment

Originally posted by Brand X View Post
                        Hmmm...good point. I am having flashbacks of unpacking the jib crane stuff. Well, say what you will, everything Roy has sent me has arrived intact......might be because it had 2" of tape around it...but it got here in tact.
                        Don

Go Spurs Go!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Brand X View Post
                          Quit whining Scotty!!! That one wasn't a Priority Mail Flat Rate box. I didn't want the contents to be spread across half the country...literally...getting to ya'!!! Gee...try to help a guy out and he complains about working through a little plywood, three lbs. of 1 1/2" staples, a couple handfuls of wire nails and a half roll of packing tape.
                          Miller 251, Lincoln PrecisionTig 275, Miller DialArc 250 AC/DC, Hypertherm 900, Bridgeport J-head, Jet 14" lathe, South Bend 9" lathe, Hossfeld bender with a collection of dies driving me to the poorhouse, Logan shaper, Ellis 3000 bandsaw, Royersford drill press and a Victor Journeyman O/A.

Comment

Hmmm...good point. I am having flashbacks of unpacking the jib crane stuff. Well, say what you will, everything Roy has sent me has arrived intact......might be because it had 2" of tape around it...but it got here in tact.
                            Don, you had more to worry about than a little unpacking...them Postal gals probably still have a list with your name right there on top for retribution!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wyoming View Post
                              Don, you had more to worry about than a little unpacking...them Postal gals probably still have a list with your name right there on top for retribution!!!

Yup.......bet they do.
                              Don

Go Spurs Go!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X