Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roger
    Guest replied
    Buy cheap dial caliper to see real size of your wire. Most times .024 wire is .023. I have .023 Chicago Electric wire made in Italy that is .022 and requires different settings.

I ask Georgia tourists how goes the civil war and they reply not them this time.

Leave a comment:

• bandsawguy
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike C2 View Post
    It will work no prob with the tips. But the .024 is 4.35% larger in diameter. With my 15 ft gun on my Century 250, the .023 jams up on itself all the time. I switched to my Miller 140 with the same spool thinking it's shorter gun would help, but I had feeding problems there as well. The .024 feeds much more reliably, but I guess my .023 spool could have a problem? I was in the same situation when I bought the spool of .023. But next time I'm getting the .024 for sure.
    Mike,

check the roller in your machine. 023 024 all run ok in my Century welder.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Meck
    replied
    Pay attetion to the roller size, liner size and tip size as well.

Leave a comment:

• crawler
    replied
    Are you running different brands of .023 and .024 wire? I wonder if the .023 wire is an imported wire.

Leave a comment:

• Mike C2
    replied
    It will work no prob with the tips. But the .024 is 4.35% larger in diameter. With my 15 ft gun on my Century 250, the .023 jams up on itself all the time. I switched to my Miller 140 with the same spool thinking it's shorter gun would help, but I had feeding problems there as well. The .024 feeds much more reliably, but I guess my .023 spool could have a problem? I was in the same situation when I bought the spool of .023. But next time I'm getting the .024 for sure.

Leave a comment:

• ScottB
    replied
    Great!

My thanks to both of you.

Leave a comment:

• Bob the Welder
    replied
    It'll never know the difference! Less than 1/3 the thickness of a sheet of paper difference.

Leave a comment:

• aametalmaster
    replied
    YUP...........Bob

Leave a comment:

• ScottB
    started a topic .023 v. .024?

.023 v. .024?

My Handler 125 came with a small roll of .024 solid core wire. When I went to purchase another roll at my local supply house, they only had .023. Will that work with the tip that came with the Handler 125?

Thanks!
Working...
X