Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15% off TSC online only. HH187 for $582 shipped

Hi,
    I'm new here, found this site while researching welders. I don't know if this is common or not but TSC has 15% off online orders with free shipping over $70 (I think). I picked up a HH 187 for $582 with tax and shipping.

Mike
    Madison, WI

I just purcased the 140 Handler from there,$390

Comment

Can you give the web address for this? When I go to TSC online I can't find that price.

Thanks
      lee

Comment

Same here. When I look up those welders, it says "currently unavailable online."

Comment

I get the email from TSC, my last email listed the 15% off. When I click on their link it takes me to this page that lists 15% off and the free shipping is on orders $75 or more. The 15% is just for online orders.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/webapp/...me_10551_10001

There's a link there to sign up for the TSC emails also.
          Lincoln Tombstone 180 AC
          Hobart Handler 120
          Millermatic 210
          Old Harris O/A setup
          Victor SuperRange II on propane
          Hypertherm Powermax 380
          Ryobi 14" chop saw
          Milwaukee Sawzall
          A bunch of grinders
          A lotta other tools

When the drops the stops!

Check out my website at:

Comment

Yeah, I see the 15% off and free shipping on orders of $75 or more on the home page.

But putting a welder in the cart to take advantage of that offer is not possible, except for very few models, and the HH187 is not one of them. Neither is the HH140.

Comment

I called TSC customer service on Friday. They said they were out of stock on the Handler 187 and didn't know when they would get more. They couldn't tell me when the spring sale ended either. Kinda vague answers to just about everything I asked. Keep checking the website, that's what I'm gonna do.
              HH210 w/spool gun
              HTP Invertig 201

Comment

I sent TSC the following email:

I'm wondering what is going on. On the Hobart welder forum, people are
                saying they have bought Hobart H187 welders online using the 15% off and
                free shipping offer. But when I click on them, it says "unavailable
                online". What gives? Is this a territorial offer or something?
                Thanks.

Here is the reply I received today:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Tractor Supply Company. We appreciate hearing
                from you and will be more than happy to assist with your inquiry.
                Unfortunately it seems as thought this product is sold out and on back
                order, it will be restocked soon so please check back often.

We appreciate your feedback on our new website.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this matter has caused.
                Thank you again for contacting Tractor Supply Company. Please feel free
                to contact us again should you need any further assistance at
                1-877-718-6750.

But the website does not say that this item is out of stock...it says "Currently unavailable online. Please check your local Tractor Supply Company store." Plus, it's out of stock EVERYWHERE?? I find that hard to believe. I never put in a zip code, so it wasn't checking my local store and finding in unavailable there.

I guess the first two posters got the only two welders that were available.

Comment

I've got an extra for $582 + shipping

I'm the original poster and I did get one shipped for $582. I had picked one up days earlier, new-in-box off ebay for the same price. I didnt' think the warranty would transfer so when I saw the TSC price I jumped on that one too. Turns out the warranty isn't an issue, so I still have the still-in-the-box TSC HH 187.

I can return it to TSC but if anyone here wants it for what I paid plus actual shipping it's all yours. I don't know if actual shipping fees will kill it (it's 68lbs from near Madison, WI) but if not email me at [email protected].

I've been playing with the ebay one and man, are these nice. My only other experience in the past 15 years with a welder was a Harbor Freight 220V . Obviously night and day.

Comment

Northern Tool has it for $650 free shipping and no tax with a free cart.

Willy

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Victor View Post
                      Northern Tool has it for $650 free shipping and no tax with a free cart. Willy
                      In most states, if Northern has a physical presence (i.e., a store) in that state, you DO have to pay tax.
                      Trailblazer 302 * Millermatic 212 * Syncrowave 180SD * X-Treme 12VS Feeder * Spoolmate 3035
                      Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52 Plasma * Lincoln 175 MIG

Victor Superrange II * Victor Journeyman

Hobart HH 125EZ

Comment

Originally posted by cpurvis View Post
                        I sent TSC the following email:

I'm wondering what is going on. On the Hobart welder forum, people are
                        saying they have bought Hobart H187 welders online using the 15% off and
                        free shipping offer. But when I click on them, it says "unavailable
                        online". What gives? Is this a territorial offer or something?
                        Thanks.

But the website does not say that this item is out of stock...it says "Currently unavailable online. Please check your local Tractor Supply Company store." Plus, it's out of stock EVERYWHERE?? I find that hard to believe. I never put in a zip code, so it wasn't checking my local store and finding in unavailable there.

I guess the first two posters got the only two welders that were available.
                        A year or so ago, my local "new" TSC was great, I purchased a couple of welders and some other higher dollar items. In the last few months TSC corp has been pushing the on online sale stuff on their difficult to use and find things on, website. Yea, try to find MIG welding wire on the website for example.
                        My local store has been going down the tubes, inventory is never reordered and the welder prices have increased!! Whereas the local Northern Tool store has been going the other way.
                        I will stop in someday and ask the mgr what is going on, so I can not waste my time & gas driving down.

Every time I check the website on the free shipping offer, welders are always unavailable online, as is anything else heavy , I wonder why?? Duh. I think the few people who got them on the sale and "free" shipping got them because the webmaster/designer screwed up.
                        Retired...
                        Master Electrician
                        Journeyman Refrigeration Pipefitter
                        Semi-pro/Hobby Welder
                        Hobart Handler 140
                        MakerGear M2 3D Printer

Comment

Yesterday I got another 15% off Email from TSC but if you click on any of the welders it says currently unavailable.Why advertise something you dont have to sell?

Comment

Originally posted by dirtyoffroad View Post
                            Yesterday I got another 15% off Email from TSC but if you click on any of the welders it says currently unavailable.Why advertise something you dont have to sell?
                            Try your local store.
                            Retired...
                            Master Electrician
                            Journeyman Refrigeration Pipefitter
                            Semi-pro/Hobby Welder
                            Hobart Handler 140
                            MakerGear M2 3D Printer

Comment

Originally posted by wmgeorge View Post
                              Try your local store.
                              The 15% off applies only to online orders. I consulted the store since they were out of stock online and they said they could not do the 15% off for an in-store purchase. I called customer service a few minutes ago and was given the same run around, but she was very nice about it. They are out of stock and they don't know when they will come in, she would expect it normally to be 5-7 days but no confirmation. When I asked when the 15% off sale would end she became very closed lipped and said she had no information regarding that. $582 shipped is still cheaper than anywhere else. Indiana oxygen has then for $640 with free shipping and no sales tax other than in Indiana. I have heard they are good to deal with and they have good prices on cylinders also. The deal for a free cart from Northern Tool has ended. If it can't be done from TSC I personally would go with Indiana Ox. But I would wait out the TSC thing to see if they come in stock before the 15% ends.

Comment

Working...
                              X