Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which mig gun for a Hobart Beta-mig II 200?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which mig gun for a Hobart Beta-mig II 200?

I need to purchase a mig fun for my Beta-mig II 200 welder. The serial # is 88WS20982 which says it was manufactured in 1988. The original gun was a Hobart GAL200.

Doing a search, it appears that I need a mig gun with a Tweco #2-4 end. Can someone confirm before I buy one?

Calling Hobart tech support didn't help. The recommended that I buy a Hobart piecemaker 25A mig gun. I would rather buy something different if possible.

I'm looking at this gun. Binzel style 230amp, 15' gun for $97.xx + shipping.
    http://store.weldingdepot.com/cgi/we...ml?id=WEUmqB3X

Any other gun recommendations would be helpful. I don't want to spend too much $$$ for a mig gun.

Thanks,
    Charles
    Last edited by crawler; 11-06-2007, 06:04 PM.
    Millermatic Passport Plus
    Millermatic 200

Millermatic 350P with Python
    XMT 304 /w S-64 feeder and 12RC
    Dynasty 300 DX
    Victor O/A
    Premier Power Welder for my trail junk.

Can't confirm the interface type needed, but I urge you to check out the Bernard guns.
    Really a great design. The neck can be swivelled 360* which usually insures you can get your body and hand into a relaxed position. The nozzle screws on and won't get jarred loose when you bang it, like I do, to knock the spatter out.
    I always miss the Bernard when I switch to the M25 gun that I keep set up for small wire.
    Mike

sigpic WHEELED VEHICLE SERVICE SINCE 1960

Comment

I put a 15' Tweco on mine. The LWS listed an adapter for the Beta-Mig but I didn't use it. It just seemed like the O ring grove was a little tight.
      What do I know I am just an electronics technician.

Comment

Thanks for the info.. I ended up ordering a Tweco #2 gun with a Tweco end.

Except mine was $125 shipped from the same vendor.
        http://cgi.ebay.com/TWECO-NO-2-200-A...QQcmdZViewItem
        Last edited by crawler; 11-08-2007, 03:56 PM.
        Millermatic Passport Plus
        Millermatic 200

Millermatic 350P with Python
        XMT 304 /w S-64 feeder and 12RC
        Dynasty 300 DX
        Victor O/A
        Premier Power Welder for my trail junk.

Comment

Working...
        X