Harbor Freight Welding Cart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harbor Freight Welding Cart

I a huge Hobart fan, and I love my welder. But why can't Hobart make a decent welding cart? Well I was forced to purchase the Harbor Freight welding cart; and I must say, I'm impressed. Picked it up on a coupon for $169.00 and I have to say it was worth every penny. Good storage, steel ball barring drawers, and the top is actually wide enough to fit my Hobart which are often wider than other other suitcase welders. It also rolls around the garage very nicely, but I wouldn't take it off a cement floor.

All in all, I'm very impressed. I just wish it was a Hobart product.

Hobart, if your listening, you need to get off your tail and design something to COMPETE with the HF cart, because its awesome!

Click image for larger version  Name:	cart.jpg Views:	0 Size:	104.2 KB ID:	709406

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxQ1qydPQYI
    Last edited by IRQVET; 05-23-2020, 12:55 AM.
    HOBART 210 MPV
    Northern Industrial 125

I have one. Holds my 210MPV, gas, helmets and parts perfectly. Very happy with it.
    Polyoxybenzylmethylenglycolanhydride

Comment

I've seriously considered that cabinet myself. I was going to buy it once when it was on sale and then didn't. The quality looked good enough. The one thing I didn't like about it was the bottom compartment. I'd really rather that be a drawer than just a hole. For me it's just too hard to access and would wind up being unused wasted space. I could wish that the top drawer were a full depth like the rest instead of cut short but that wasn't the deal killer.

What Hobart could do is offer a similar cabinet but with a bottom drawer.

As for me, I am in the process of adding brackets and hangers to an old Craftsman 5-drawer bottom cabinet and turning that into my welding cart. It has more storage space than anything else its size.
      Hobart IronMan 230
      Hobart EZ-TIG 165i
      Hobart AirForce 40i

Comment

Only problem with most low end manufactured welding carts are the little bitty casters.... Ever get a bean stick under the wheel of your shopping cart, shop floor has 10,000 beans even after being swept.... Always get/ make carts with big wheels...

Besides as a welder its demanded you make your own carts...

Click image for larger version

Name:	hobart.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	709624

Dale

"Fear The Government That Wants To Take Your Guns" - Thomas Jefferson..

Comment

Originally posted by onebadpig View Post
          I've seriously considered that cabinet myself. I was going to buy it once when it was on sale and then didn't. The quality looked good enough. The one thing I didn't like about it was the bottom compartment. I'd really rather that be a drawer than just a hole.
          Thats the best part Pig... My helmet fits in there perfectly.

Polyoxybenzylmethylenglycolanhydride

Comment

Working...
          X