Looking for hydraulic shop press:

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for hydraulic shop press:

Hi there. Looking to acquire a 50 - 75 ton upright "H" beam hydraulic press. I've been researching Dake, Nugier, and other good brands out there, (no Harbor Freight) and see both electric, and pneumatic driven pumps. I've never used a pneumatic driven type in the past and this is where my questions pertain:

How smooth or linear are these in operation meaning as the pressure comes up, does the cylinder extension/travel slow down, or is is consistent in push rate? I'm needing a broaching setup and don't want to stop or have intermittent operation which can be hard on tooling is the reasoning.

I've located a good used condition electric Dake 75 ton unit which is perfect in size priced fairly, but they are not quite finished with it yet. I'm entertaining new also should this one fall through.

Appreciate any input.

Thanks,
    Thanks for reading/listening.

Antique Hobart Engine Drive Lover X5

I bought one of these about five years ago and have been very happy with it.
    https://www.baileigh.com/shop-press-hsp-50a

Well made from what looks like good metal, and has the smooth/accurate movement that I need to assemble precision bearings with critical alignment onto hubs and crankcases.

Comment

Thank you kindly. I've heard they make good products but have never seen anything myself. How linear in operation is the pneumatic operation? Wondering if it is consistent or jerky in operation? Thanks
      Thanks for reading/listening.

Antique Hobart Engine Drive Lover X5

Comment

Working...
      X