Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

harbor freight 4x6 bandsaw blade recommandation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bigb
    replied
    I just went to the Enco site and they have 64.5" blades in every brand but Enco.

Leave a comment:

• SidecarFlip
    replied
    Originally posted by wright211 View Post
    I'm partial to Enco and use a slow speed.
    I'm partial to cheap myself. I don't look at sawing as a high precision operation so cheaper is better. Why I have a cheap chink bandsaw and why I tend to use Enco loops....

Leave a comment:

• wright211
    replied
    I'm partial to Enco and use a slow speed.

Leave a comment:

• SidecarFlip
    replied
    Any horizontal band saw will cut straight so long as the fulcrum point of the head isn't sloppy, the guide rollers are set as close to the cut as possible and the blade has the correct tension.... and of course the correct pitch is used which is why I tend to run a vari-pitch blade. Loops are all good with a hard backed loop being better than a soft back.

Leave a comment:

• bigb
    replied
    Any opinions on the Olson blades? I am trying one on my 4X6 Dayton (10-14 TPI) and so far it is cutting nice and straight after the adjustments. Cutting 2X2 14 gauge. Just got the Dayton (used) so I haven't tried any other blades yet. It is my first 4X6, I have two Milwaukee Portabands which are great. One in a Swag stand and the other in a Milwaukee hinged stand which cuts razor thin pieces of tubing perfectly straight with a 10-14 Milwaukee blade.

Leave a comment:

• mike landrich
    replied
    http://www.detroitbandsaw.com/produc...dth-half-inch/

Leave a comment:

• 97ZJ
    replied
    I've used the Morse blades from Menards with little issue on my HF saw. Might not be the best option out there, but they were on the shelf when I needed them. Cut a lot of square and DOM tubing with mine.

Leave a comment:

• SidecarFlip
    replied
    You can buy bandsaw blade in bulk and weld your own loops but you'll need either a resistance blade welder or a TIG machine and a copper backer to weld them. I own a TIG but it's much easier to buy from ENCO that 'roll your own'.....lol

Some things are better in smaller packages....

Leave a comment:

• Dale M.
    replied
    In years past when in work world we had blades made up at local saw shop... They had blade material on big reels and would cut to length and weld them right there in the shop....

Dale
    Last edited by Dale M.; 11-20-2015, 11:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• usmcpop
    replied
    ENCO is always having sales and/or free shipping. Sometimes with no minimum purchase, or very low. The sale discounts are often on top of the sales prices in the monthly flyer.

Leave a comment:

• cope
    replied
    I second Sidecar Flip's recommendation.

Leave a comment:

• SidecarFlip
    replied
    Thats easy... www.useenco.com

I have an older one and have been buying pre-welded loops from Enco for years. Cut a lot of irom with it. The rice-a-roni motor finally went up in a puff so I replaced it with a real motor.

Enco is a subsidary of MSC in Elkhart, Indiana btw.

Leave a comment:

• justin38506
    started a topic harbor freight 4x6 bandsaw blade recommandation?

harbor freight 4x6 bandsaw blade recommandation?

got a harbor freight bandsaw and need a recommendation for bandsaw blade? the blade is 1/2 in. x 0.025 in. x 64-1/2 in. thankx
Working...
X