6' Sheet Metal Brake I built with Shop Press underneath

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6' Sheet Metal Brake I built with Shop Press underneath

Just thought I would share some photos of the tool I built using my Hobart Beta Mig 250. A Grinder, Chinese plasma cutter and some know how
    Attached Files

Looks very nice and I assume It works ok.
    Retired...
    Master Electrician
    Journeyman Refrigeration Pipefitter
    Semi-pro/Hobby Welder
    Hobart Handler 140
    MakerGear M2 3D Printer

Comment

It works great. I bent new stainless heat deflectors for the bbq with it already and aldo bent a piece of 1/8''x1' mild steel with it to 98 degrees

Comment

Steepest angle it will bend is 128 degrees. Thats pretty decent and its very precise which pictures cant show

Comment

Nice job, and good work in combining two tools that take up a lot of space, but are really useful in many fabrication projects!

Comment

Originally posted by Northweldor View Post
            Nice job, and good work in combining two tools that take up a lot of space, but are really useful in many fabrication projects!
            Thanks Northwelder. Ive used the press a few times. It doesnt even flex when the 20 ton jack is maxed. Ivge bent 1/8'' mild steel a foot long with the brake to 90''. Its good and solid. I also bent stainless for my bbq heat deflectors. My next project for the brake is inner and outer rocker panels for my 03 ram 1500 quad cab. Should be a good test which I know it will pass. I built it for a lifetime. Its not a cheap made in China tool

Comment

How tight of a bend was it able to put in that 1/8"? Looks like a nice tool.

Dave
              Still building my new old truck - see the progress!
              http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/65...-coe-idea.html
              http://www.hobartwelders.com/weldtal...ad.php?t=27017

Square Wave TIG 200 - Woot!
              MM180
              SP125+

Comment

Well, I'm impressed, that's for sure.
                sigpicViceGrip
                Negative people have a problem for every solution

Comment

I was playing around with the 1/8'' and took one piece to 98 degrees or 8 degrees closed angle. That piece was only about 6'' long. I bent a piece of scrap 1/8'' to 90 that was a foot. It takes a lot more force to go beyond 90 with 1/8 but ill likely never need to bend it any further than that anyhow. Bending 22 gauge material for automotive patch panels the brake will bend to 128 degrees or 38 degrees closed. Im happy with it. It works great and looks great in the garage

Comment

Working...
                  X