Angle die grinder (air).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angle die grinder (air).

I would like to buy an angle die grinder and am looking for suggestions. Detailed sanding on my metal projects will be the main use. I was looking the other day and they go all the way up to $300. Definitely don't want to spend that. Any suggestions would be a help.....Thanks
    Fireman Bill

HH 210 MVP
    MM 211
    Spoolmate 100
    Lotas LTP5000D Plasma
    Oxy/Accet (Victor)
    Wards AC/DC buzz box
    30 ton old hyd press
    A few brand name tools
    A bunch of cheap tools
    A wife to worry me and
    4 dogs to supervise me

I use one of these with a 3" maroon surface conditioning pad on it, I like it better than the more expensive one I had. Price check them.

http://www.arizonatools.com/angled-d...etail/AST1261/

Comment

You get what you pay for. I would rather part with $300 than to deal with the obnoxious vibrations that generally come with a cheap tool.

A lot of it comes down to what you expect from the tool.

Comment

Phil, that's 1/4" Hex Drive, 1,000 RPM Angle Driver.
        --- RJL ----------------------------------------------

Ordinarily I'm insane, but I have lucid moments when I'm merely stupid.
        -------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by usmcpop View Post
          Phil, that's 1/4" Hex Drive, 1,000 RPM Angle Driver.
          Phil likes to go at it slow and easy...ask him about his shop cart project.
          Miller 251, Lincoln PrecisionTig 275, Miller DialArc 250 AC/DC, Hypertherm 900, Bridgeport J-head, Jet 14" lathe, South Bend 9" lathe, Hossfeld bender with a collection of dies driving me to the poorhouse, Logan shaper, Ellis 3000 bandsaw, Royersford drill press and a Victor Journeyman O/A.

Comment

Originally posted by vicegrip
            Don't wanna finish too soon do we?
            Pops, see what I mean.
            Miller 251, Lincoln PrecisionTig 275, Miller DialArc 250 AC/DC, Hypertherm 900, Bridgeport J-head, Jet 14" lathe, South Bend 9" lathe, Hossfeld bender with a collection of dies driving me to the poorhouse, Logan shaper, Ellis 3000 bandsaw, Royersford drill press and a Victor Journeyman O/A.

Comment

Originally posted by vicegrip
              Incidently my axe IS done!!
              But I ain't post'n pics till I have a camera worthy of shoot'n it.
              Like Mike's pics usually do justis.

OMG Hotfoot was right!
              Boiled Linseed Oil hand rubbed till the wood was warm from the friction.
              Then again two days later.

Comment

I'll give you picturs Old Man!
                All in good time....
                ......don't you have pack'n ta Do Old Man?
                sigpicViceGrip
                Negative people have a problem for every solution

Comment

Originally posted by vicegrip View Post
                  I'll give you picturs Old Man!
                  All in good time....
                  ......don't you have pack'n ta Do Old Man?
                  Loaded the first load yesterday Phil. We don't close until around the 4th of October due to the seller's ex-husband being out of state and unable to move out before that time. So...load is sitting down at the shop waiting to go. Otherwise...(1) Still have to remain here in Wyoming until I retire early next year. (2) Got a lotta darned gall callin' me an old man, don'tcha Phil?

Comment

Working...
                  X