Pacemaker compressor.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacemaker compressor.

I have an opportunity to purchase a lightly used Pacemaker compressor.
    80 gallon, 5hp single phase with disconnect, 2 stage pump.
    Not familiar with brand. Can anybody shed some light?
    Attached Files

Made by Henke Manufacturing Company
    431 West Florida St.
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin, 53204

The trademark expired in 1993 so they evidently folded before then. http://trade.mar.cx/US72370824/

There is a Henke Mfg. in Leavenworth, Kansas that makes snow removal equipment. Their history doesn't reference compressors or having been in Milwaukee. Might call them anyway. www.henkemfg.com

Admittedly not much help.......
    CanoeCruiser
    Harris dual-stage O/A
    Lincoln AC/DC buzzbox
    Hobart IronMan 210
    Lincoln PowerMig 135
    Miller 3035 spoolgun
    Thermal Arc 185
    Thermadyne Cutmaster 52
    Angle grinders, vicegrips, the usual suspects
    Two hands, tired body, not enough time...

Comment

Don't know the brand, although the pump design looks similar to my old commercial Campbell Hausfeld Air Boss.

I'd check out a few things:
      1. Oil sludge in the bottom of the crankcase (not maintained)
      2. Any oil residue in the tank/lines (pump blow by)
      3. Time from empty to 100psi and max (presume 175) so you can calculate approx CFM
      4. Amp rating and rpm on motor

I don't think I like that power cord in front of the copper finned line, I doubt the manufacturer did that.

I guess this is not a mag switch setup?
      HH190
      Hypertherm 380

Comment

The power cord is just resting there. I have another pic that shows the end of the sleeve with the conduit nuts.
        The motor is a 5hp, 1740 rpm, 23amp at 230, made by LS.
        I have yet to see the unit. Going to arrange a viewing.

What has me exited is that he has a fab table that is 5 x 10 with a 5/8" top.

Might try to BUNDLE.

Comment

Check for the date stamp on the plate or the tank. that will tell you how old it is . His idea of lightly used may be different than yours or mine.
          I looked at a machine that was lightly used the owners idea was 12 hours a day instead of 18 hours a day!
          glen, been there, done that and probably broke it!If you aren't on the edge. You'r taking up to much room

Comment

What you are buying is a compressor, a motor, a tank and some electrical hardware.... Any part can be replaced with any "off the shelf" replacement if any of the individual parts fail.....

Only real concern would be if tank is badly rusted and stands a chance of leaking....

Dale
            Lives his life vicariously through his own self.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale M. View Post
              What you are buying is a compressor, a motor, a tank and some electrical hardware.... Any part can be replaced with any "off the shelf" replacement if any of the individual parts fail.....
              +1, been there done that...
              http://users.zoominternet.net/~pbaker/ac/ac.html

23Amp 240v is a solid 5HP rating at 70% efficiency. The pump is probably the most expensive item, and harder to get used. I found pump parts expensive, and ended up buying a new pump. The price on the Eaton pump has risen very significantly - but still a good overall deal if you get the other components cheap.
              HH190
              Hypertherm 380

Comment

Working...
              X