The end all Flap disc thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The end all Flap disc thread

Man oh man do I love flap discs/wheels and after using a couple of brands I have found that Diablo brand seem to be the best. I was using Norton brand then Home Depot switched to Diablo (Fraud brand) While they are about 3.00 more then the Nortons they seem to last so much longer.

My question is what brand have you found to be the best/cost effective ?

Post them up !
    God Bless America

[

Originally posted by arcdawg View Post
    Man oh man do I love flap discs/wheels and after using a couple of brands I have found that Diablo brand seem to be the best. I was using Norton brand then Home Depot switched to Diablo (Fraud brand) While they are about 3.00 more then the Nortons they seem to last so much longer.

My question is what brand have you found to be the best/cost effective ?

Post them up !
    try forney or ace hardwares brand for cheapness but i honestly never use flap discs they dont fit my applications i use normal grinding wheels by the way dont buy harbor fright wheels they suck go to ebay for better prices
    Miller Trailblazer 251
    Lincoln Electric Pro-Core 125
    14''chop saw
    7 inch grinder,2-4.5 inch grinders,electric die grinder
    half inch drill
    And alot of hand tools

Comment

I've been using the SAIT "Ovation" flap disks because my LWS has them and I got a free box at their open house. I like them better than the Dewalt that Lowes stgocks. But if the Home Depot near me carries the Freud Diablo I'm grabbing a few. The Freud circular saw blades for wood are far and away the best blades I have ever used and if the flap disks are of the same quality then that's the new standard.

FC Joe is right......bought a few Horror Freight 4.5" cutoff disks and they turn to powder without harming the metal.
      CanoeCruiser
      Harris dual-stage O/A
      Lincoln AC/DC buzzbox
      Hobart IronMan 210
      Lincoln PowerMig 135
      Miller 3035 spoolgun
      Thermal Arc 185
      Thermadyne Cutmaster 52
      Angle grinders, vicegrips, the usual suspects
      Two hands, tired body, not enough time...

Comment

I have been using Lehigh Valley Abrasives for a while no. I just can't afford to pay big box or LWS prices for flap disks when I can buy comparable ones for $2, and cut off wheels that are equal to or better than for less than a buck. I usually buy about 50 at a shot, so I don't have to think about them for a month. I go through 2-3 a day, no matter the brand. The only ones that lasted a lot longer were the orange ones with the plastic disk. I like them but they are not worth $8 each.
        Walker
        Chief slag chipper & floor sweeper
        Ironwood Artistic

Comment

I have been pleased with abrasives4sale price wise and for their lasting time. I always have had Good service from them too. I'm so satisfied with their products I don't even look anywhere else...

http://abrasives4sale.com/flap.htm
          Last edited by tackit; 06-10-2013, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Struggling with this concept??

Maybe if I put the flaps to the outside???

vg
            sigpicViceGrip
            Negative people have a problem for every solution

Comment

sait or diablo

Many of the PEARL brand are on a plastic back. The plastic doesn't want to trim down easily when the flaps on the edge are worn. The sait will trim down by pressing the edge into the end of a tube or pipe. I like the ones that have a flat face to start with. Some of the cheapos have a rounded face and short flaps to start with.
              hobart 210MVP (2011)
              homemade WINCO 6000watt generator

Comment

in welding school we have these Wendt flap discs i think are really good i used them to grind off slag from the torch and set lands on plate steel i will try to find the manufactures website and link i know their called big boy and can grind steel aluminium and stainless
                Miller Trailblazer 251
                Lincoln Electric Pro-Core 125
                14''chop saw
                7 inch grinder,2-4.5 inch grinders,electric die grinder
                half inch drill
                And alot of hand tools

Comment

Working...
                X