New tool added to the collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New tool added to the collection

I am working on rerouting (redoing) a SS sanitary piping system at work. My boss helped me out by ordering prefabbed 45's and 90's. So the only welding I have to do is attaching the sanitary ferrule ends onto the straight runs. To hold the sanitary ferrule ends in place, for tacking them onto the ends of the straight runs, I found this cool helpful tool-see attahment.
    MigMaster 250- Smooth arc with a good touch of softness to it. Good weld puddle wetout. Light spatter producer.
    Ironman 230 - Soft arc with a touch of agressiveness to it. Very good weld puddle wet out. Light spatter producer.

PM 180C

HH 125 EZ - impressive little fluxcore only unit

Funny thing is, I was just looking at one of those yesterday at Tractor Supply. they also had a "sliding" C-Clamp, flat on the movable jaw, and that "V" gizmo on the other. They were about $15.00 each, but I figured I can pull a couple of my Chinese Welding Clamps off the bottom shelf and fab up my own with a couple pieces of angle iron.
    "Good Enough Never Is"

Comment

Denture pliers? They do look useful.

Hotfoot, yesterday I saw a similar clamp in Harbor Freight. (I did not buy anything). http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=97558
      --- RJL ----------------------------------------------

Ordinarily I'm insane, but I have lucid moments when I'm merely stupid.
      -------------------------

Comment

...and, as I think about it, 'seems like the one at Tractor supply MIGHT have had twin upper and lower pipe grippers, with about an inch between them, to permit welding the pipe..can't remember for sure...anything...anymore....Uhhh...What was I talking about??
        "Good Enough Never Is"

Comment

Along with 2 of the smaller and 1 of the larger pipe pliers, I added a couple of these to my collection too.

http://store.cyberweld.com/sthawecl612i.html

I had thought about welding pieces of angle to some of my existing clamps, however, I decided I rather spend the $10 on the clamp (only really needed the smaller clamp) then weld angle iron onto my $16 vise grips.
          MigMaster 250- Smooth arc with a good touch of softness to it. Good weld puddle wetout. Light spatter producer.
          Ironman 230 - Soft arc with a touch of agressiveness to it. Very good weld puddle wet out. Light spatter producer.

PM 180C

HH 125 EZ - impressive little fluxcore only unit

Comment

Working...
          X