Dry Cut saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dry Cut saw

I have a Porter Cable 14" Dry cut saw. I got due to the recomendations on this site. I LOVE IT. NO REGRETS!!!!!

I an in need of a new blade for it. Wher can i get one for the best price or close to the best price. Also can the old ones b charpened?

Thanks

Yes the blades can be sharpened. If you click on the "SEARCH" above and type in "saw blade sharpener" you'll get good info. Also the sharpener that is discussed in the thread is on sale now I'm sure at Harbor Freight.
    Nick
    Nick
    Syncrowave 200 Tig
    Century 50 Amp Plasma
    2- O/A outfits
    Spot welder
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Jet 7x12 horiz/vert bandsaw
    DeWalt Multi Cutter Metal Saw
    Electric Hydraulic vertical press
    CNC 60"x60" Plasma/Router table
    www.nixstuff.com
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ

Comment

Does HF have the blades? Are they the best place to get them. How much should i expect to pay a new blade?

Comment

Hey Dog,
        Glad to see you find favor with the P-C 1410 saw, as it is the best one out there IMO. I get all my blades from Cripes Distributing, The Freud Diablo C7 72T carbide tipped as they are the most reasonable and longest lasting I have used. They are easily resharpened as Monte55 indicated with the HF Blade Sharpener. If you have a blade with broken/missing tungsten carbide teeth, they will have to be replaced and that is another matter. There are those who are equipped to do that. Here are the site listing and a pic of my setup..... Denny

http://www.cripedistributing.com/fre...de-p-1467.html
        Complete weld/mach./fab shop
        Mobile unit

"A man's word is his honor...without honor, there is nothing."

"Words are like bullets.... once they leave your muzzle, you cannot get them back."

"I have no hesitation to kill nor reservation to die for the American Flag & the US Constitution."

Comment

Yorkie THANK YOU for that information. My present blade has teeth missing, so i will order some replacements tonight from your place. THANK YOU again.

Dog

Comment

Anybody have a good source for the 7 1/4" ferrous blades? I checked out Cripes, and they only seem to have the 10 - 14 inch blades.

Comment

Hey Trick,
              Here is a distributor that handles the 7 1/4" blades.... Denny

http://www.tools-plus.com/freud-d0748f.html
              Mobile unit

"Words are like bullets.... once they leave your muzzle, you cannot get them back."

"I have no hesitation to kill nor reservation to die for the American Flag & the US Constitution."

Comment

Yorkiepap,

Really appreciate your posting the link for the 14" Freud blades. Been playing the e-bay bidding process up to now.

Always liked you saw stand. Now, if I can just find time to copy it.

Never paid attention before, but you do like "tall" carts for your equipment. Either you're really tall yourself, or just don't like bending over.

Again, thanks for the link.
                SundownIII

Syncrowave 250DX, Tigrunner
                Dynasty 200 DX w/CM 3
                MM 251 w/30 A SG
                HH 187 Mig
                XMT 304 w/714D Feeder & Optima Pulser
                Dialarc 250 w/HF 15-1
                Hypertherm PM 1250 Plasma
                Victor, Harris, and Smith O/A
                PC Dry Cut Saw and (just added) Wilton (7x12) BS
                Mil Mod 6370-21 Metal Cut Saw
                More grinders than hands (Makita & Dewalt)
                Grizzly 6"x48" Belt Sander
                Access to full fab shop w/CNC Plasma & Waterjet
                Gas mixers (Smith(2) and Thermco)
                Miller BWE and BWE Dig

Comment

Hey SundownIII,
                  You are most welcome and glad I could help a bit. I bought my P-C 1410 a couple years ago because I use (2) of them at work that are over 12yrs old & never had a problem except once when one had a return spring break. They are a true workhorse when used properly. The first blade I got after the orig. P-C blade finally dulled(1200+ cuts), was a recommendation by a friend to get the Freud Diablo. After a weeks' use, I bought another (4) to have on stock. I just buy them direct now from Cripes instead of going thru E-Bay. I even got the boss at work to buy (4) at that price because he was paying $115 ea. for DeWalt blades & they didn't have the lifespan of the Diablo. He didn't mind the savings either. Never looked back.

As far as the mobile saw stand, I think I posted the build & dimensions a while back here on the forum. I am 5'10" & I like to do my cutting at chest level with that saw and standing without bending over. Just my preference and I find it not tiring at all even if I am cutting all day. Denny
                  Mobile unit

Comment

Originally posted by yorkiepap View Post
                    Hey Trick,
                    Here is a distributor that handles the 7 1/4" blades.... Denny

http://www.tools-plus.com/freud-d0748f.html
                    Thanks for the link Yorkie. Unfortunately, is seems the Freud blades all have a 5/8" arbor, and my Steelmax saw is an oddball with a 20mm arbor. I got the saw for a great price, and it works great, but It seems I'm kind of limited on blades. I've used the Bullet Industries blades and just knocked out the diamond, but that really doesn't fit either, and the Bullet blades don't last very long. I guess I'll have to stick to the Steelmax blades. On the upside, I did find one for $35 and free shipping.

Comment

Hey Trick,
                      Just wanted to give you an alternative to consider. Since your arbor is 20mm(.780) & the Freud is 5/8"(.625), you could inquire if a machine shop or saw blade shop could open the arbor dia. of the blade to the 20mm you need. Or, possibly consider having a machine shop make you a thin adapter bushing that would fit over the 20mm shaft & have a reducing collar to 5/8" to fit the Freud blade. Or you could go all the way & have the saw shaft turned to 5/8" & a bushing made for the 20mm application. Just some options you may want to think about............ Denny
                      Mobile unit

Comment

Working...
                      X