Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Milwaukee 6230 /6232 band saw - opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milwaukee 6230 /6232 band saw - opinions?

Hello, folks!

Looking at this on amazon for $199 + shipping. Looks like a good price based on Milwaukee's own site and other tool suppliers.

Anyone have a reason to wave me away from this machine?

Just getting started and am collecting up the tool arsenal to go with a new HH187. Already got an angle grinder and chop saw.....

Thanks in advance for your help!

I just looked at the Amazon ads for these two. The 6230 says it is variable speed. The 6232 appears to be a single speed. The 6232 is actually sold by another company, and they are charging $24 shipping, so they both come out to the same price. The 6230 is sold by Amazon and you get free shipping if you can wait a week to get it, or pay for shipping and get it faster.

I would go for the 6230 from Amazon. They are really easy to deal with.

GS
    I live in my own little world. That's OK, they understand me here.

Comment

Thanks, Gila

just to be a bit more clear, this is the portable band saw........ Amazon reviews are generally good, just trying to pick up on any concerns prior to ordering

Comment

I have an older Milwaukee 2 speed portable band saw. They are great for small volume cutting, or for portability, but a stationary 4x6/5x6 will be easier on your arms and back, and will allow formore blade control.

Comment

Visit www.bandsawreviews.com for quality reviews of band saw machines

Comment

Working...
          X