Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hobart Titan 7000 AC/DC, SN# 93WS06981, Spec. # 7142, High Idle Solenoid Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hobart Titan 7000 AC/DC, SN# 93WS06981, Spec. # 7142, High Idle Solenoid Question

Greetings,

I have bought a used 1992 Hobart Titan 7000 welder, 16 HP Koehler on the back of a used truck. The welder worked fine for several hours and all of a sudden the high idle solenoid will not lower the RPM when not welding. Same welding setup before and after problem. Before it took about 30 seconds after no load for the rpm to go to idle. After problem it stays on high idle no matter load or not. I checked all the wire connections, and started the motor the next day, Same problem. After removing the high idle solenoid and taking a further inspection I believe the high idle solenoid is bad. It’s is really hard to depress not under power.

Anyhow I am striking out trying to locate parts as the solenoid paper PN is no longer on the unit. I tried the welder SN in the ITW/Hobart website for a parts and manual and it does not recognize it. Anyone out there have a solution or spare solenoid I can procure?

Thank You,

Welder1
    Last edited by Welder 1; 09-04-2022, 07:46 PM.
Working...
X