• Show
Clear All

• Hobart G213 HELP!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2930.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	1.92 MB
ID:	714271 Good day everyone,
    I picked up a G213 a couple of weeks ago. I don't have much history on it. It was sitting in a shed for about 20 years. I cleaned the points. New fuel pump and rebuilt the carburetor. I got it running last nigh and it purrs like a kitten. 24 volt start system.

On the Generator side: Took off all the sheet metal. Cleaned out all of the mouse nest and did visual inspection. Checked and unstuck any brushes or springs. The rings looked good and polished up nicely. Testing with multimeter revealed. 75-80 OCV on weld side. No AC 120/240 at the outlets. I do not no how to trouble shoot the system. As I followed the wires I could not find any fuses at this point. They maybe there.????

I got out a 1/8" E7018 and it welded beautifully!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am looking for wiring diagram, Manual for Generator, Wisconsin TJD-2 and any testing producers.
    I would like to restore this little gem. Any information would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!

Unit Information:
    Model #: 4130E
    Serial #: AAW-81990

Thank you

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2931.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	1.80 MB
ID:	714268 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2924.jpg
Size:	2.94 MB
ID:	714269 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2922.jpg
Size:	2.78 MB
ID:	714270

Originally posted by Fredz View Post
    ... No AC 120/240 at the outlets. ...
    I don't know about these machines, but a lot of those old machines only provided DC voltage at the receptacles. Universal motors (like a grinder) and incandescent lighting worked just fine on DC. Maybe check for DC voltage?

Comment

Thank you for your reply. I tried measuring DC. But got 0 volts. I even plugged in a 4" grind and no go.
      Best Regards

Comment

I have one but mine has two fuses on the front of the machine that I don’t see on yours.

Comment

These machines have an auxiliary slipring pair, directly along the commutator.
          The sliprings conduct ac to the outlets.
          look for burned jumper wire from slipring to commutator.
          this is an unfortunately common fault with these units.
          What happens is the connection overheats, then the solder is thrown out from the connection by the centrifuge effect of the spinning armature.
          repair can be made if the wire connection has not burned and eroded the area where it connects to the commutator.
          possibly a job for you to do if you have access to a high-wattage soldering iron. (600 to 1000 watts)
          otherwise, disassembly and delivery to a good electric motor shop in in order.
          work safe, always wear your safety glasses.

Edward Heimbach

Comment

Working...
          X