Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is a SA200 better than a Hobart GPB-261 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is a SA200 better than a Hobart GPB-261 ?

I’ve been looking around for a old weld to mess around with. I came across a Hobart GPB-261 witch is what led me here. It seams like all you see is old SA200s for sale or being used. I was curious why there is not more of these old welders being used ?

Originally posted by Ivandog1 View Post
    I’ve been looking around for a old weld to mess around with. I came across a Hobart GPB-261 witch is what led me here. It seams like all you see is old SA200s for sale or being used. I was curious why there is not more of these old welders being used ?
    Mainly because of the popularity and wide distribution of the old Lincolns, there are still plenty of parts available, and parts are still being re-manufactured. The Hobart models comparable may perform as well or better, but few parts are available.

Comment

There does seam to be a lot of parts available for the old SA200s. Where does one get parts for a old Hobart like a GPB-261 ?

Comment

Originally posted by Ivandog1 View Post
        There does seam to be a lot of parts available for the old SA200s. Where does one get parts for a old Hobart like a GPB-261 ?
        Unless you find someone scrapping one, you aren't likely to find parts.

Comment

Working...
        X