G213 manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G213 manual

Is there anyone here who can help me get a manual for my G-213. I think the brushes are going bad because when I used it last Thursday it seemed to pulse or surge. It's driven by a Wisconsin TJD, if I remember correctly. Thanks for any and all help.

Do you have the 12volt or 24volt model. By surging do you mean the arc surging or the engine?

Comment

I think I have a 24 Volt system. Well, to be honest, when I bought the welder, the seller it said he was never able to get it started and he just used the hand crank. It had one lawn tractor sized battery installed. I thought I would get to it later, but after learning how to hand crank it I just never checked into it. I started to think of it as my thief frustration system . The reason I need the manual is that I would like to get it to run as it was prior to my last use and I hope to restore it this coming winter. I had hoped to do so the first winter after I bought it but since it ran and welded so well, I just kept using it whenever something came up that needed welding.

As for the surging, I would strike an arc, and within about a second, the arc would die or sputter. The engine kept running but the RPM's would decrease, then as I kept the rod in the now cooled puddle, the arc would "re-start" so, I used it this way for the rest of the long day. I checked out the Wisconsin 2 cylinder TJD, and it seems to be in order. It has a magneto and started up without much fuss.

I had wondered if using 6010 rods from last year could cause this but I don't think so.

Thanks for your reply and any and all help. Sorry for the long post.

Comment

It has a battery, but does it have a starter on the engine? If not it is a 24v model and cranks with windings in the welder. This requires 2 12v batts series connected. When you figure out which it is PM me your email add. and I'll send the manual for it.
        Mike

Comment

There's no starter on the engine.

Comment

That tells me it's the 24v model. The surging sounds like a governor adjustment problem. If you still want the manual PM me your email address. The engine manual will cover the proper governor setting procedure.
            Mike

Comment

Hey Mike, thanks for the manuals. I'm new to posting on any forums and so I'm slowly learning how to go about making posts, but I have been lurking for a while trying to learn more about my machine and other welding related questions. Thanks again. I hope to make use of the information as soon as my workload decreases a bit. Hopefully in a two to three weeks. I'll post then regarding my progress.

Comment

email sent.
                Mike

Comment

Hobart has a toll free number 1-800-626-9420 I called them and got a manuel emailed to me (no charge) on my old G-223. Try that I bet they can help.

Comment

Working...
                  X