My Hobart GR 200

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Hobart GR 200

Joined this forum 8 years ago looking for info on this welder as I was trying to buy it, owner said someone else was buying it, well this last week I remembered it and called said owner and asked if it ever sold, she said no, so I asked if it was still for sale and she said yes, went and looked it yesterday and found it was not seized so I made her an offer and she accepted! I picked it up today! I am so excited to start working on it!

I will post pics as soon as I figure out how to on my cell phone, computer is down.

Comment

It has the Hercules engine. Would be curious to know the date of manufacture and any other info, I tried searching the serial number but came up empty handed, Hope to find an owners service manual for tuning and adjustments as well, any help is appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by MilitiaMetals View Post
        It has the Hercules engine. Would be curious to know the date of manufacture and any other info, I tried searching the serial number but came up empty handed, Hope to find an owners service manual for tuning and adjustments as well, any help is appreciated!
        Could be WW II military, and you might try below for engine parts;

http://www.herculesmanufacturing.com/services

Comment

Thank you! Do you reckon it would be 200amp 100% duty cycle?

Comment

Originally posted by MilitiaMetals View Post
            Thank you! Do you reckon it would be 200amp 100% duty cycle?
            More like 100 % @ 150 Amp and 60% at 200 amp, but maybe Keith can explain the 300 amp rheostat.

Here is a informative thread on duty cycle:

https://weldtalk.hobartwelders.com/f...e-calculations

Comment

Unit was built around 1945 and was a new post war design machine. It was rated at 200A/40V but no duty cycle rating on the specs. Most likely it would have been 60% Since most stick machines then were rated that way and 300 would have been it's maximum. But again there is no duty cycle ratings for this unit.

Comment

AWESOME Keith! Thank you so much!

Originally posted by Hobart Expert Keith View Post
                300 would have been it's maximum. But again there is no duty cycle ratings for this unit.
                So it's rated at 200 amps, but capable of 300 amps?

Comment

Yes. It is capable of 300 amps.

Comment

Fantastic, provided I can get it into working condition it should be more than enough for me. Thank you once again!

Comment

Working...
                    X