Need help! Miller Aead 200Le (Onan)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help! Miller Aead 200Le (Onan)

So the generator is in great condition. Has 1,700 hours. Weeds great 2 out the 3 120volt plugs work. But it doesnʼt have spark still. Literally just put a new coil on it, new spark plugs, new wires, Posi-flo electric fuel pump, new fuel lines. new carburetor, new points and condenser and newer battery. And still no spark. Has no leaks or anything will crank but wonʼt start. It’s a miller Aead 200le. With an 18hp B48M Onan engine. Help please!

Try a little carb cleaner (less volatile than ether starting fluid) down carb throat, if it fires you have fuel problem, if it does not start you have ignition problems....

Dale
    Lives his life vicariously through his own self.

Comment

I’ve tried that still doesn’t fire up. No spark at the point and none at the plugs. Ignition coil , plugs, wires, points, and condenser were all replaced. I set the gap where it should be . And no spark. Fuel is getting to the carb perfect.
      Last edited by Fathomwelding; 02-10-2019, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Disconnect the neg- wire from the coil, attach a jumper wire to that coil post and tap the other end of the jumper wire on a clean bare surface of the engine block. If you get spark then the problem is between the end of the neg wire and the ground portion of the points.

Comment

I will give that a try!

Comment

I tired that with the jumper cables it did spark so I took off points and condenser cleaned everything really good took out ground wire to make sure it wasn’t corroded or sliced. Hooked everything back up, and still no spark.

Comment

Put a test light from negative (-) side of coil to ground, turn on "off/run" switch and try to start... Lamp should blink if points are opening and closing (not shorted) and you have power to coil and primary winding of coil is good.... If lamp stays ON you have short in points assembly or they are not opening.... If lamp does no light when key on, you either have no power to coil or points are not closing when off rubbing block is supposedly off cam lobe or distributor body is not grounded or breaker plate is not grounded in distributor body...

One of these can be your best friend....

Dale
              Last edited by Dale M.; 02-11-2019, 06:31 PM.
              Lives his life vicariously through his own self.

Comment

Working...
              X