need info on g-213 welder/generator

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need info on g-213 welder/generator

I just picked up a hobart g-213 welder,it's in very bad shape,doesn't run,broken wires,etc.I would like to restore this machine,but need a manual,wiring diagram,any info I can get. it's g-213,serial aaw-83765,spec 4130e tjd-2 wisc engine. Would appreciate any info,thanks
    Last edited by cool air; 04-17-2019, 05:23 PM.

Check your PM's

Comment

I broke 2 brushes that were stuck very hard in their holder.I ordered 4 new brushes from arrowhead electric in calif, They came in I installed them after seating the ends.The engine started right up and sounds good.Now just some tweaking on the engine and I will start on the welding side !

Comment

I've got the engine running pretty good,Now onto the welding section.My fine adjustment rheostat is burnt open on the winding.Looking for a used replacement part.anybody out there who might have one for sale? Also maybe somebody knows of a different model machine that this part might be on?

Comment

Well is managed to soldier a wire past the burnt section on the fine adjustment rheostat.I now only have around 4 ohmn of restive from the 8.25 orginal.I can only rotate the sliding brush about half way because of the soldier joint I put on.I have some ideas on replacing this rheostat thanks to Mia2ofus! I've removed the ballast resistor now,trying to repair or change out some broken porcelain insulators.I've got 3 good one,need 6 more!

Comment

Check your email.
            Mike

Comment

well I managed to cast some insulators and with my old one I got the ballast resistor back installed.This was not a fun project! The g-213 is now up and running and burn some rods today.I need to get some DC rods and some hi-octane gas.Now I need to take it all apart and paint it,

Comment

Cool air, please post some pictures if you can.

Colin

Comment

Ok,colin here are some pictures

Comment

Great job on those insulators. Looks great.

Comment

The insulators turned out looking good. You might have a little niche market if you're so inclined.
                      Mike

Comment

Working...
                      X