• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gpb-261 Hobart

I would like to know how old this welder is if anyone knows thanks
    Attached Files
    I would like to know what year this welder is if anyone knows. Thanks

Sold to Industrial Air Products(distributor) in Washington State on April 18, 1961.

Comment

I'm impressed? Seriously impressed. Who would have guessed those sales records would still be around? Not me. I'm sure not many? Just curious, how far back can you go?

Comment

We have microfische that goes back to the 30's.

Comment

Thanks for the info I was thinking it was late 50s early 60s but was unsure it runs and welds great with 900 hours on hour meter.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobart Expert Keith View Post
            We have microfische that goes back to the 30's.
            Holy smokes? Who would have thought that information would be around or someone having access to it? Not me.
            Few more questions if you have the time available? Have you access to a picture archive from back in the day? Being a collector of old welding books, and with a copy of Modern Arc Welding, how far back does that book date in publication? The one copy I have in hand doesn't show a date but is dedicated to " The Man in the Helmet". When this post popped up I first went and grabbed my copy out just to see if I could find old machine pictures. Not that I was disappointed the book was focused on welding rather then sales promotion, but I was curious what it actually looked like? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
            X