Hobart GB 318 Won't strike an arc

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hobart GB 318 Won't strike an arc

I have a really nice good running welding machine but wont strike an arc or weld. The brushes and armature look very good. Wiring diagrams would be helpful. I still need to wire up the voltage regulator on the engine too. could that be the problem?

And some more info Its a Hobart simplified arc welder GB-318 60% d cycle 300 amp 40 volts and 1800 rpm serial # 12cw-6440 spec 2195A

Motor type is IND 30-117
    Last edited by derf or nothin; 03-22-2017, 02:01 PM. Reason: title needed more info

Originally posted by derf or nothin View Post
    I have a really nice good running welding machine but wont strike an arc or weld. The brushes and armature look very good. Wiring diagrams would be helpful. I still need to wire up the voltage regulator on the engine too. could that be the problem?

And some more info Its a Hobart simplified arc welder GB-318 60% d cycle 300 amp 40 volts and 1800 rpm serial # 12cw-6440 spec 2195A

Motor type is IND 30-117
    I have and use almost daily a GB-318, (1957 vintage). Let's see a photo of your machine and no, the battery charging regulator has nothing to do with field excitation to make the machine weld.
    Thanks for reading/listening.

Antique Hobart Engine Drive Lover X5

Comment

Interested to hear how this ended up.

Comment

Working...
      X