started a topic Puzzling Hobart GL 318

Puzzling Hobart GL 318

Hello,
    First time post. Thank you for a great site. Several months back I bought a

Hobart model GL 318
    Serial #3DW-11039
    Specs 1894
    Type IND 5A-318

It seemed to work great and looked like it had not been used very much. Since then I let it sit for awhile while I had the gas tank cleaned and coated. I put the tank back on yesterday and now it will not generate. I have cleaned the commutator and freed up one of the (12) brushes that was sticking. Still no luck. My questions:

Any idea how to obtain a wiring diagram and service manual?
    What is the method for exciting the windings? (hope I am saying that correctly)

Thanks.

• Hobart Expert Keith
    replied
    Check your email.

Leave a comment:

• MThornsburg
    replied
    My son recently purchased a Hobart GL-318 with a serial no. of 3DW-3532 and we have been searching for a manual for it and can't seem to find one anywhere. Does anyone have any recommendations where we can find one?

Leave a comment:

• mshute
    replied
    I got it!! Thank you so much Keith!! ive been looking for a manual everywhere with no luck!! this helps a lot!

Leave a comment:

• Hobart Expert Keith
    replied
    mshute, check your email.

Leave a comment:

• mshute
    replied
    jdr86 have you been able to locate any info or manuals on this unit? I have the same welder and looking for info.

Leave a comment:

• Northweldor
    replied
    Originally posted by jdr86 View Post
    Hello,
    First time post. Thank you for a great site. Several months back I bought a

Hobart model GL 318
    Serial #3DW-11039
    Specs 1894
    Type IND 5A-318

It seemed to work great and looked like it had not been used very much. Since then I let it sit for awhile while I had the gas tank cleaned and coated. I put the tank back on yesterday and now it will not generate. I have cleaned the commutator and freed up one of the (12) brushes that was sticking. Still no luck. My questions:

Any idea how to obtain a wiring diagram and service manual?
    What is the method for exciting the windings? (hope I am saying that correctly)

Thanks.
    Just do a search on here using "exciting" and you find lots.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X